Our global manufacturing / packaging company is seeking a dynamic Project Manager to cover for a 3 - 4 month leave on-site in Hershey, PA.
The position focuses on developing design and packaging structural solutions to increase Hershey brands promotion for merchandising. Need to find cost effective methods to develop and produce best in class packaging designs from marketing conceptualization to shelf.
The ideal packaging project manager must be able to work effectively with the customer to meet deadlines and other expectations in a fast paced, changing priority work environment.
- Completing projects, according to project deadlines, with the Hershey’s cross-functional teams including Marketing, Design, Graphics, Procurement and Engineering.
- Conduct ISTA and/or other packaging testing on new designs as needed. Distributing & compiling results of package performance testing
- Provide packaging costs to Industrial Engineers and facilitate sample review with manufacturing.
- Collaborate with other engineers and test lab personnel to determine new test protocol and new design feasibility through testing and trials.
- Resolve design issues and work to correct through analytical testing and improvements.
- Optimize designs as needed to improve efficiency in production and in adherence to marketing objectives, cost considerations and quality concerns.
- Review timelines at project initiation and advise changes in timeline when needed.
- Develop and issue specifications, build bills of material and request components.
- Update technical specifications.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing plants.
- Prepare, conduct and/or attend meetings. Present projects as required.
- Bachelor’s in Packaging, Industrial Design, Graphic design, Engineering, Communications, Project Management or a related discipline is required.
- 2-3 years prior experience as a PM.
- Experience in corrugated packaging is a requirement.
- Experience in managing multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity and timing is a necessity.
- The ability to communicate effectively through written and oral communication is essential.
- Creative, analytical thinker
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced team environment
* temporary housing expenses may be considered