- Responsible for set-up and maintenance of the web site in order to meet or exceed customer expectations and drive results
- Produces work that is efficient, accurate and detail oriented
- Performs daily activities that support the merchandising department strategy and vision
- Trouble shoots problems and influence resolution across functions
- Support Merchant team’s in-season business reaction with changes to categories, style or style/color display, sort orders.
- Assist with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
- Prepare and maintain a seasonal style list to allow pre-season tasks to be clearly grouped and managed, as well as communicated to business partners. This includes styles & style/colors, standard outfits, marketing outfits, merged styles.
- Optimize the mapping of the merchandise hierarchy into the web hierarchy to reduce manual product associations.
- Ensure that all products have appropriate imagery & copy ready to post when the product is available for sale. This requires submitting photo requests for all products, reviewing & approving those images, submitting copy requests for all products, reviewing & approving the product copy.
- Attribute styles: Associate styles into the web hierarchy, sort styles within departments, add marketing flags, merge styles, add cross-sells.
- Support creation of marketing content: Create outfit records, submit photography requests for outfits & assets, update outfit requests with actual image files, update outfits pre-launch to reflect desired site behavior.
- Monitor styles that stock on daily basis to ensure proper site display.
- Review website daily to ensure proper functionality of categories & styles.
- Communicate issues and best practices to all merchandising teams.
- Communicate web calendar to merchandising team identifying potential issues and risks.
- Work with production and IT to communicate system bugs and issues.
- Work with product management to learn, test & improve functionality of systems including PCM.
- Work with photo studio and creative team to ensure that all images are available and accurate.
- Work with copy to ensure that all products have correct copy.
- Communicate resolution and status of fixes to merchandising team.
- Support an open and inclusive environment that recognizes employees based on the strength of their efforts.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills through cooperating with cross-functional teams while remaining focused.
- Online merchant team: Execute online merchandising strategy on the website.
- Online marketing, creative team: Support requirements for photography as well as final display to customer.
- Photo studio & copy team: Request & Monitor workflow ensuring products are ready to sell upon receipt.
- Product Management/Production/IT: Communicate best practices, status-updates, and bugs, give tool design feedback.
- Coordinate with brand Order Management Specialist to create and maintain complete and accurate style and order details in the Order Management System (PROMPT).
- Record all changes communicated by brand production team and/or merchandising.
- Complete outstanding purchase order work (i.e. color and size breakdowns, packing details) on a timely basis.
- Track incoming orders to ensure timely delivery and communicate any issues (e.g. late or priority orders) to appropriate contacts (production/GIS, buyers, logistics or DC teams).
- Maintain accurate regular, promotional and markdown online pricing.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs