Job Title: Merchandise Coordinator
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 1 year
**Our Fortune 500 fashion client is looking for a Merchandise Coordinator to join their team in San Francisco**
• Responsible for set-up and maintenance of the web site in order to meet or exceed customer expectations and drive results. Performs daily activities that support the merchandising department strategy and vision.
• Support Merchant team’s in-season business reaction with changes to categories, style or style/color display, sort orders.
• Assist with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
• Prepare and maintain a seasonal style list to allow pre-season tasks to be clearly grouped and managed, as well as communicated to business partners. This includes styles & style/colors, standard outfits, marketing outfits, merged styles.
• Based on merchant direction, responsible for the maintenance of the web/category hierarchy in PCM, including category and sub-category set up, display name input, effective dates, and order placement within the navigation. Mirror & Copy created categories to multiple locations of the website. Possess a clear understanding of the importance of high quality work and accuracy and its impact on the customer’s site experience.
• Ensure that all products have appropriate imagery & copy ready to post when the product is available for sale. This requires submitting photo requests for all products, reviewing & approving those images, submitting copy requests for all products, reviewing & approving the product copy.
• Attribute styles: Associate styles into the web hierarchy, sort styles within departments, add marketing flags, merge styles, add cross-sells.
• Maintain the categories by eliminating sold-out styles or markdown styles depending on merchandise strategy.
• Support creation of marketing content: Create outfit records, submit photography requests for outfits & assets, update outfit requests with actual image files, update outfits pre-launch to reflect desired site behavior.
• Monitor styles that stock on daily basis to ensure proper site display.
• Review website daily to ensure proper functionality of categories & styles.
• Communicate issues and best practices to all merchandising teams.
• Communicate web calendar to merchandising team identifying potential issues and risks.
• Work with production and IT to communicate system bugs and issues.
• Work with product management to learn, test & improve functionality of systems including PCM.
• Work with photo studio and creative team to ensure that all images are available and accurate.
• Work with copy to ensure that all products have correct copy.
• Communicate resolution and status of fixes to merchandising team.
• Support an open and inclusive environment that recognizes employees based on the strength of their efforts.
• Demonstrate strong teamwork skills through cooperating with cross-functional teams while remaining focused.
• Online merchant team: Execute online merchandising strategy on the website.
• Online marketing, creative team: Support requirements for photography as well as final display to customer.
• Product Management/Production/IT: Communicate best practices, status-updates, and bugs, give tool
• Strong computer skills, in depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook helpful.
• Ability or previous experience with backend website systems (i.e. Microsoft Commerce 2000, Blue Martini).
• Proactive, strong attention to detail & accuracy, effective time management skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast paced environment.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• 1-2 years experience in retail/merchandising and/or on-line preferred.