START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 3 MONTHS
LOCATION: NEW YORK, NEW YORK
Assist the Internet Merchandiser to achieve the seasonal merchandising strategy and drive category performance on the company website. Position requires cross-functional communication, historical analysis, assortment planning, and managing the accuracy and set-up of the product facts in the Content Management System.
• Executes each internet site based upon assortment plans.
• Proofs the site prior to launch date.
• Reviews every section, page, and every style number and creates each product page.
• Responsible for the launch of a specific category portion of the site, including: site roadmap, sequencing, pricing & site accuracy, any relevant specialty area(s) of the site; upsells (*new site every 3-4 weeks; daily and weekly data updates can also occur).
• Works closely with category merchant planner to ensure the information in the Mainframe matches info in the Content Management System.
• Responsible for business updates to the site which may include: roadmapping; sequencing; creative layouts.
• Executes post-launch sequencing changes based upon customer behavior, selling information and inventory position.
• Ensures Item Colorswap document, created for each site launch, is accurate.
• Assists in the submission of appropriate merchandise selections & message direction for all email and external advertising/promotional placements as appropriate, to Internet Creative Services.
• Retrieves information from Coremetrics and compiles reports and starts analysis for site Early Reads.
• Compiles and Maintains merchandise selling reports.
• Assists Internet Merchant in analyzing stock issues and communicates any changes necessary to team.
• Attends Core Merchandising Strategy and Line Review meetings to understand seasonal business strategies and product initiatives.
• Assists in the creation of the seasonal web hindsight document for the category/classification.
• Creates, executes and analyzes category up-sell strategies to drive volume.
• Responsible for the creation of category Transfer Number document.
• Minimum 2 years as an assistant merchant or related experience.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel & Word.
• Experience in working within a retail corporation.
• Previous internet experience a plus.
• Quick, clear verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast paced environment.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs