Work effectively as a member of the cross functional Gap Brand team by communicating clearly and focusing on team objectives
Keep samples organized and up to date for use in merchant presentations, visual set-ups, and seasonal marketing
Work seasonally with other MA's to donate samples selected by Merchandising
Enter and approve markdowns, markups, and promotions
Ensure accuracy of markdowns, promotional pricing and effective dates
Plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and increase efficiency
Complete seasonal projects for merchants
Maintain reports and tools, as needed by merchant team
Advanced computer skills in Excel and email with an aptitude for learning new programs
Demonstrate strong ability to be financially responsible and understand financial implications of mistakes
Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities
Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency
Handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
Have a pro-active approach to responsibilities
Strong communication and relationship/team skills
2 year degree, 4 year degree preferred
Retail experience preferred
1-2 years merchandising experience preferred.
Top 3-5 daily responsibilities:
• Photograph and record creative of milestone meetings
• Support execution of pre-book process with supervisor within assigned division
• Set up pre-book sub-assortments in portal and manage pre-book charts and deadlines
• Support review of all orders for assigned division before reporting final orders
• Generate seasonal assortment reports such as Program/CC and Good/Better/Best analysis
• Set up the main assortment for the assigned division in portal
• Follow up on all product changes and missing information, gather assortment information from appropriate cross-functional partners and report to supervisor
• Monitor progress with Production
• Review ACT change logs for modifications to the assortment and assist with managing changes
• Monitor changes to open issue log between Merchandising, Design, Production and International Market Merchandising teams.
Type of background required
• Possess effective listening, verbal, and written communication skills
• Demonstrate strong ability to be financially responsible and understand financial implications of mistakes.
• Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities.
• Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency.
• Handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Resourceful with confidence and common sense to access and utilize expert resources when making decisions
• Possess initiative and ability to work independently
• Adapt well to diverse audiences and environment
• Open minded and extremely flexible working mindset/character
• Have a pro-active approach to responsibilities.
• Strong communication and relationship/team skills.
• Ability to work occasional nights and weekends
• 2 year degree, 4 year degree preferred.
• Retail experience preferred
• Computer proficiencies in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook with an aptitude for learning new programs.
** Familiarity with Adobe suites preferred.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs