Our Fortune 500 Fashion Retail Client is looking for a Merchandiser for their Petites team!
TITLE: Merchandiser (Petites)
DURATION: Through the end of August | 19 hours/week
LOCATION: San Francisco (on-site with Client)
• Merchandise assortment into concepts supporting key items, strategies and current trends that are commercially viable and provide an exciting customer store experience by partnering with design, visual merchandising, and marketing.
• Create and present a compelling assortment that will meet financial targets and will support Divisional and Brand objectives.
• Assist with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
• Manage all changes made to assortment through preseason planning and ensure online accuracy
• Develop Seasonal Strategies: Create department level pre-season assortment, pricing, and promotional strategy that aligns with divisional merchandising strategy.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with additional members of cross-functional teams and be able to influence them to achieve results in stores and online.
• Analyze historic data, trends, product assortment, and competition to develop the strategy.
• Analyze current business to identify business opportunities and in-season risks.
• Present seasonal product best sellers to help cross functional teams understand in-season selling to better plan for future seasons. Make recommendations and execute in-season strategy changes as needed.
• Understand competitive environment; proactively seek market knowledge through exposure to competitive retail outlets.
• Actively listen to all members of the cross functional team to ensure that innovative ideas surface, are acted upon, and that the team feels ownership in the business.
• Assist MCs during peak to approve photography and update sorts.
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 2+ years of retail buying or merchandising experience
• Strong analytical skills.
• Possess a working knowledge of financial measurements.
• Demonstrate a point of view about product assortment and business opportunities.
• Maintain a cooperative team environment that promotes high performance standards and attainment of goals.
• Demonstrate strong listening, verbal, written and presentation skills.