Full time, senior level Merchandising opportunity!
The Senior Manager of Merchandise – Signature and Premier Stores is responsible for developing and implementing the long and short-term product assortment and merchandise strategies and support campaigns to increase market share of principal owned, consumer focused Signature Stores and Premier Stores through such activities as merchandising, messaging, promotions and creative Consumer and Trade print and digital communication. They evaluate, prioritize and align strategies, timing and creative messaging of the product assortment and merchandising in accordance with company, market share, profitability and revenue goals ensuring a cohesive brand strategy throughout the consumer specialty retail space. Additionally, they forge effective relationships internally and externally to ensure accountability and success in the merchandising process within established timeframes and budgetary constraints.
1. Select and manage highest performing product assortment to win in the Specialty Retail Stores market.
2. Responsible for attaining sales, margin and market share goals.
3. Ensure assortment is supported with appropriate POS, merchandising systems, promotional support, training and delivery.
4. Effectively communicate with NPD to align consumer needs, expectations and desires with New Product Schedule through valid business metrics.
5. Ensure effective cross merchandising to fully leverage product and brand portfolio including suites and collections.
6. Lead and develop the retail merchant methodology and create the standard operating procedures to support successful implementation.
Product Business Planning:
1. Select and procure the product assortment to be offered in both Signature and Premier Stores.
2. Define, develop, and execute product business plans in keeping with merchandising strategies (Core Line & Seasonal Offerings)
3. Lead category and SKU productivity analysis to achieve sales and margin goals, and direct space planning to align with sales mix to achieve sales and margin goals and direct space planning that aligns with sales mix.
4. Lead comprehensive fiscal analysis designed to set direction for assortment and business planning
5. Lead the category merchant team in cross-departmental and product theme analysis to set future recommendations for product marketing teams.
6. Lead unique product analysis on price points, gross margin, and sku productivity and the like to set high level product assortment guidelines for the Signature and Premier Store principals and teams.
7. Create and deliver seasonal plans to drive strategies for product offerings in support of the business plan objectives.
8. Work with operations and sales teams to ensure that programs, promotions and training support the sales and margin goals.
9. Synchronize product assortment across all departments to ensure delivery of a gracious consumer experience in regards to product availability and the ability to maintain overarching themes through-out the consumer’s living space.
10. Understand competitor threats and recommend new products and pricing to NPD teams.
11. Set SKU count goals and productivity objectives by department and monitor for compliance.
Product Lifecycle Planning:
1. Plan, execute, and communicate core assortment and new product launches.
2. Participate in core assortment and new product launches to include transition/conversion of the product lines.
3. Participate in product discontinuation analysis, review, and recommendations.
Location Assortment/Space Planning:
1. Work with category merchants to develop plan-o-grams for Signature and Premier Stores.
2. Troubleshoot location assortment planning needs, reacting, as needed, to trends.
3. Oversee sales forecasting and modeling of regular and seasonal assortments to ensure both production and supply chain are able to plan and allocate resources to fulfill inventory requirements, with special attention to anticipated seasonal and new product spikes.
4. Visit Signature and Premier Stores regularly and as needed, liaise with management and staff, and react with required assortment adjustments.
5. Liaise with Product Marketing on sku selection to meet performance objectives for Signature and Premier Stores.
Collaboration and Team Management
1. Manage regular meetings for with internal and external key stakeholders to ensure compliance with required programs as well as ensuring stores are aware of and leveraging recommended programs to achieve sales, profit and market share goals.
2. Liaise with Sales and Marketing teams on product sales & gross margin planning & budgeting.
3. Liaise with Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain teams on discontinued product exit strategies.
4. Liaise with Marketing, Supply Chain and Production Teams on assortment needs, capacity plans, and assortment strategies by location and format.
5. Liaise with Marketing and Sales Teams to ensure cohesive plans, strategies, and coordinated product.
6. Identify key items and stories within product assortments to drive store & marketing focus.
7. Oversee annual department budget and manage to plan, adjusting as necessary.
8. Hire, train, and develop category merchants.
9. Establish overall merchandising strategy ensuring alignment to Marketing, Plumbing Americas, Business Unit and Corporate plans and strategies
1. Works closely with both faucet and fixture Product Marketing and Channel Marketing teams to develop a product assortment that meets and/or exceeds the consumer’s needs and desires and achieves the business objectives for the consumer specialty retail format.
2. Works closely with Communications Account Team, Creative Director, and Director – Communications, to build trust, gain alignment and develop communication plans, advertising, print and multi-media material, displays, exhibits and other support material for promotion of consumer specialty retail stores.
3. Works collaboratively with Marketing Operations to track the success of all programs and promotions.
External Business Relationships:
1. Frequent contact with principals, Signature and Premier Store staff, distributors, plumbers, builders, contractors, remodelers, engineers and other specifiers/users to ensure the product assortment offered within consumer specialty retail stores remains relevant to the target consumer population.
2. Work with outside consultants and advertising agencies.
3. Attend trade shows, exhibits, seminars and marketing conferences.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Full time, senior level Merchandising opportunity!