We are hiring a designer in Seattle WA for our leading retailer with 3-5 years experience with a background from a design firm, advertising agency or marketing to support our client’s design team in generation of unique design and promotional concepts that promote brand identity and enhance the experience for the consumer. Supports the development execution and evolution of the Brand Expression.
What does a typical work day entail? What are the daily tasks/responsibilities/deliverables?
- This job will require design for merchandise. Designer will apply art and consult on materials.
- You will be working on projects that require graphic designs and illustrations that coincide with the current brand aesthetic. Items can include, but are not limited to, mugs, tumblrs, t-shirts, socks, etc.
- If you have an understanding of how items can look once printed (how certain designs or colors will interact with different materials) that would be a plus, but is not necessary.
- The team spends most of their time in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator/ Photoshop) addressing new and current projects that come in with some communication to the broader Retail team.
What are the must/nice to have skills you are looking for in this CW?
- You should have an eye for color and merchandise trends.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience: especially in Illustrator and Photoshop
- Good typography skills
- Color theory skills
- The ability to quickly address a fast and furious workload
Things to note:
- Portfolios are required. Submissions without portfolios will be rejected. Please email me firstname.lastname@example.org with portfolio and resume for consideration.
- There may be potential for extension!