Aquent's Fortune500 client in Woonsocket, RI is looking for a Merchandise Coordinator for a 3-month contract (40/hrs, 5 days, onsite) with strong potential to extend beyond.
The Layout Coordinator is responsible for developing the fixture and merchandise layouts for all new store, remodel, acquisition and special projects. Fixture plans are developed based on merchandising guidelines that require adaptation to varying retail configurations across the fleet. Merchandise selection is driven by market specific characteristics and store location as it relates to product mix clustering and support of local sales opportunities. One on one dialogue with the Regional Store Managers insures each layout addresses store specific needs corresponding to profitability, budget management, and customer satisfaction and retention.
• Develop fixture and merchandise layouts that accurately reflect required product mix based on store location and clientele. Includes identifying stores within a growing number of cluster definitions (i.e.,ethnicity, affluence, geography, etc…) that ultimately drive automated product replenishment.
• Independently prioritize and manage scheduled assignments to insure on time project completion. Includes working simultaneously on various project types, with varying scopes of work, as part of a dynamic schedule. Requires the ability to manage and adapt to ongoing changes in marketing approach and project schedules.
• Analyze, prioritize and summarize data, and compare to company standards in such a way that identifies opportunities on a store specific basis. Includes the ability to act on market knowledge and apply creative merchandising solutions to improve store performance and to meet local needs.
• Interact with Regional Sales Manager to confirm store specific analysis (e.g., sales, competition, ethnicity of clientele, etc…) in an effort to maximize individual store profit; and to confirm product mix, category adjacency and service issues as they relate to customer needs. Includes the ability clearly to customer needs. Includes the ability clearly articulate current corporate direction to field operators on various merchandising initiatives and to make recommendations accordingly.
• Support corporate expense control by managing the impact of layout changes relative to established budget guidelines. Advocate alternative approaches,as needed, and communicate incremental scope of work and added cost to field management and project partners.
• Work with the Construction team and outside vendor architects to develop innovative merchandising solutions for atypical store locations. Includes the ability to work with and interpret architectural plans and elevation drawings to craft merchandising plans that incorporate current CVS merchandising philosophy within complex/multilevel spaces.