Merchandise Coordinator / Online Inventory Specialist
Start Date: ASAP
Assignment Length: 6 Months
Location: San Francisco, CA
Pay Rate: $22/hour
**A Fortune 500 Fashion Company is looking for a Merchandise Coordinator/Online Inventory Specialist for their Men’s and Body Canada Online team **
- Responsible for set-up and maintenance of the web site in order to meet or exceed customer expectations and drive results. Produces work that is efficient, accurate and detail oriented. Performs daily activities that support the merchandising department strategy and vision. Trouble shoots problems and influence resolution across functions.
- Support Merchant team’s in-season business reaction with changes to categories, style of style / color display, sort orders.
- Assist with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
- Prepare and maintain a seasonal style list to allow pre-season tasks to be clearly grouped and managed, as well as communicated to business partners.. This includes styles and styles / colors, standard outfits, marketing outfits, merged styles.
- Based on merchant direction, responsible for the maintenance of the web / category hierarchy in PDM, including category and sub-category set up, display name input, effective dates, and order placement within the navigation. Mirror and copy created categories to multiple locations of the website. Possess a clear understanding of the importance of high quality work and accuracy and its impact on the customer’s site experience.
- Optimize the mapping of the merchandise hierarchy into the web hierarchy to reduce manual product associations.
- Ensure that all products have appropriate imagery and copy ready to post when the product is available for sale. This requires submitting photo requests for all products, reviewing and approving those images, submitting copy requests for all products, reviewing and approving the product copy.
- Attribute styles: Associate styles into the web hierarchy, sort styles within departments, add marketing flags, merge styles, add cross-sells.
- Maintain the categories by eliminating sold-out styles or markdown styles depending on merchandise strategy.
- Support creation of marketing content.
- Monitor styles that stock on daily basis to ensure proper site display.
- Review website daily to ensure proper functionality of categories and styles.
- Communicate issues and best practices to all merchandising teams.
- Communicate web calendar to merchandising team identifying potential issues and risks.
- Work with production and IT to communicate system bugs and issues.
- Work with product management to learn, test and improve functionality of systems including PCM.
- Work with photo studio and creative team to ensure that all images are available and accurate.
- Communicate resolution and status of fixes to merchandising team.
- Support an open and inclusive environment that recognizes employees based on the strength of their efforts.
- Demonstrate strong teamwork skills through cooperating with cross-functional teams while remaining focused.
- Online merchant team: Execute online merchandising strategy on the website.
- Online marketing, creative team: Support requirements for photography as well as final display to customer.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-2 years experience in retail/merchandising and / or online preferred
- Strong computer skills, in depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word, Outlook helpful.
- Ability to learn computer systems quickly.
- Ability or previous experience with backend website systems (Microsoft Commerce 2000, Blue Martini)
- Proactive, strong attention to detail and accuracy, effective time management skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Analytical skills
- Demonstrate the organizational ability to facilitate multi-tasking in a fast paced environment