Merchandise Coordinator/Online Inventory Specialist
Start Date: ASAP
Assignment Length: 6 Months
Location: San Francisco, CA
Pay Rate: $21.50/hour
** A Fortune 500 Fashion Company is looking for a Merchandise Coordinator / Online Inventory Specialist for their Men’s and Body Online Team **
- Responsible for set-up and maintenance of the web site in order to meet or exceed customer expectations and drive results. Produces work that is efficient, accurate and detail oriented. Performs daily activities that support the merchandising department strategy and vision. Trouble shoots problems and influence resolution across functions.
- Support Merchant team’s in-season business reaction with changes to categories, style or style/color display, sort orders.
- Assist with web management to create a compelling product experience on the site, to include inspirational merchandise presentation, simple and intuitive category navigation, and clear and accurate product details.
- Prepare and maintain a seasonal style list to allow pre-season tasks to be clearly grouped and managed, as well as communicated to business partners. This includes styles and style / colors, standard outfits, marketing outfits, merged styles.
- Based on merchant direction, responsible for the maintenance of the web/category hierarchy in PCM, including category and sub-category set up, display name input, effective dates, and order placement within the navigation. Mirror and copy created categories to multiple locations of the website. Possess a clear understanding of the importance of high quality work and accuracy and its impact on the customer’s site experience.
- Optimize the mapping of the merchandise hierarchy into the web hierarchy to reduce manual product associations.
- Ensure that all products have appropriate imagery and copy ready to post when the product is available for sale. This requires submitting photo requests for all products, reviewing and approving those images, submitting copy requests for all products, reviewing and approving those images, submitting copy requests for all products, reviewing and approving the product copy.
- Attribute styles: Associate styles into the web hierarchy, sort styles within departments, add marketing flags, merge styles, add cross-sells.
- Maintain the categories by eliminating sold-out styles or markdown styles depending on merchandise strategy.
- Support creation of marketing content: Create outfit records, submit photography requests for outfits and assets, update outfit requests with actual image files, update outfits pre-launch to reflect desired site behavior.
- Monitor styles that stock on a daily basis to ensure proper site display.
- Review website daily to ensure proper functionality of categories and styles.
- Communicate issues and best practices to all merchandising teams.
- Communicate web calendar to merchandising team identifying potential issues and risks.
- Work with production and IT to communicate system bugs and issues.
- Work with product management to learn, test and improve functionality of systems including PCM.
- Work with photo studio and creative team to ensure that all images are available and accurate.
- Work with copy to ensure that all products have correct copy.
- Support an open inclusive environment that recognizes employees based on the strength of their efforts.
- Bachelors degree
- 1-2 years experience in retail/ merchandising and / or on-line preferred.
- Strong computer skills, in depth knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Ability or previous experience with backend website systems.