Merchandise Assistant(Fashion Apparel)
TITLE: Merchandise Assistant
REPORTS TO (Position): Sr. Merchandiser or above
Provide support to merchandising team. Work effectively as a member of the cross functional team by communicating clearly and focusing on team objectives. Coordinate daily activities across designated department. Builds strong partnerships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (For the assigned category or categories):
• Keep samples organized and up to date for use in merchant presentations, visual set-ups, and seasonal marketing
• Maintain showroom appearance during all milestone meetings by merchandising samples according to company standards
• Facilitates sample request from Marketing, Public Relations and Visual Merchandising Teams
• Responsible for tracking of samples sent to cross functional teams
• Manages shipping request, documents tracking information, confirms delivery
• Consistently gathers any samples no longer needed and sends to charity
• Assists Merchants with GTS pass offs & YTS pass backs from Production
• Maintains organization of competitive samples
• Audits GTS Samples seasonally for all categories
• Responsible for keeping storage and work area samples organized
• Provides archiving support of samples
• Pull, print, and distribute department financial reports
• Seasonally creates Ad Sample Tracker
• Responsible for printing selling tools, and product catalogs
• Prepares quarterly ‘Top 30’ best sellers
• Provides clerical assistance for competitive research
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Advanced computer skills in Excel and email with an aptitude for learning new programs.
• Demonstrate strong ability to be financially responsible and understand financial implications of mistakes.
• Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities.
• Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency.
• Plan and prioritize workload to meet deadlines and increase efficiency.
• Handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Have a pro-active approach to responsibilities.
• Strong communication and relationship/team skills.
Minimum educational level:
• Bachelors degree, preferred
• Retail experience required
• Merchandising experience preferred
• Ability to transport, maneuver and visually evaluate merchandise.