Meetings and Events Specialist
As an Meetings and Events Specialist, you will be responsible for partnering with key stakeholders to support and/or plan a variety of events and activities. This includes small to mid-sized customer facing events, commercial exhibitions and internal events. This position will also provide administrative support for the events team and execution of trade shows. This position is ideal for persons who are looking to get a foot in the door at one of the biggest Biotech companies in the world who can exhibit professional communication and coordination skills; and is passionate about the dynamic interaction between many business areas while delivering the client experience to many customers/visitors.
• Manage projects and the coordination of internal/external events, including but not limited to: trade show participation, local/international conferences; user meetings; and sales trainings
• Execute multiple small events simulataniuously, with short deadlines and careful tracking.
• Secure timely event logistics : Coordinate the production, maintenance and loan schedule of booth materials (booth graphics/portables, pop-ups, furniture, services, etc.), manage event dummy kit schedule, shipping, storage and maintenance program
• Coordinate/Host event project calls with business stakeholders to solidify event objectives, prepare for decisions and ensure project alignment
• Coordinate with marketing teams on pre- and post-show communication making use of all necessary marketing tools: social media, email, landing pages, etc.
• PR, and supporting sales tools such as fliers or reference sheets.
• Coordinate hotel and transportation logistics for event attendees and staff (includes; venue selection, contract negotiation, execution and budget reconciliation); as well as manage the approval process for attendees per event.
• Manage expenses to budget: communicate budget status on a regular basis; and timely and accurate management of invoices; including approval for payment, reconciliation against planned and actual performance, and estimated accrual totals at end of quarter.
• Ensure leads are processed efficiently and delivered to assigned business unit sales force in line with business unit CRM tool
• Execute and conduct post event analysis; ensuring high quality, cost-effective event implementation and post-event assessment for future decisions on participation
• Work collaboratively with Supervisor of Meeting and Events and Sales & Marketing stakeholders to define goals and logistical details; provide comprehensive support and communication regarding program logistics as it pertains to stakeholders.
• Assist the Events team with coordination, activity execution, customer hosting and vendor/organizer alignment during large events where the team’s on-site presence is needed. Duration of such an event can range between 1-7 days.
• Actively participate in the yearly Workshop for Event Management.
• Bachelor’s degree events/hospitality/marketing and/or related field is preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience as event coordinator
• 3+ years of marketing communications and/or event management experience in a business-to-business environment, with full understanding of industry practices, preferably for a U.S. based company. Industrial market experience preferred.
• Strong project management, attention to detail, prioritization and decision-making skills
• Professional use of project management software and standard Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, MS Project, Power Point. (Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics is a plus)
• Superior written and oral communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Proficiency in event planning software (Cvent a plus)
• Understanding of exhibit house processes
• Experience with budget management and financial tracking
• High level of intensity and comfort level with change
• Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately – often under very short deadlines and stress
• Have a cooperative team approach but able to work independently
• Superior interpersonal/relationship skills with strong customer orientation – intercultural experience a plus
• Able to lift and transport at least 30-40 lbs. of weight
• Ability to travel up to 10% domestically and internationally with valid passport
• Hospitality industry and destination knowledge is an advantage
• Conversational Spanish and/or Portuguese is considered as an advantage for interaction with the Mexico, Central and South American networks