Our healthcare client is looking for a medical writer/editor to support their Speciality Health program. This role requires excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word Knowledge of publishing systems such as Quark or In-Design; would be helpful if they also have knowledge of EndNote or other citation management software. This position will require editing and creating medical copy for clinical guidelines, medical literature syntheses and other clinical materials. Editing will be a heavy focus. The position can be performed remotely, but the candidates' ability to occasionally visit our corporate headquarters in Chicago
This role is responsible for:
- Researches, outlines and writes final study reports, abstracts, posters, manuscripts and other related publications based upon the study findings of HealthCore's research teams across all lines of business.
- Develops and writes study summaries and reports, presentations, abstracts, posters, and manuscripts for submission to clients, major medical conferences and peer-reviewed journals.
- Performs extensive reviews to assess available literature, identify important gaps, and justify the objectives of proposed studies and publications.
- Evaluates the quality and relevance of appropriate content for inclusion into proposals, study reports, and publications.
- Provides support with quality control reviews of abstracts, presentations, manuscripts and other products for publication or presentation.
- Assists with the research and maintenance of a database of journals.
- Identifies and resolves issues to ensure accurate, complete and successful, on-time submissions for publications and presentations.