A global technology company, recognised as one of the world’s leading brands, are now looking for a Media Specialist, to support their European Corporate Communications operation.
You’ll have excellent writing skills and a dedication to consuming current affairs and media coverage on a daily basis.
This brand commands a high profile and influence across global markets, therefore identifying key news, as it’s being reported, is crucial to how it functions.
This is a unique opportunity for someone to help lead the monitoring, assessment and evaluation of media coverage across all aspects of the business, from company news through to product reviews.
Due to the dynamic and prominent nature of the business, delivering this internal service in a quick, accurate and confident manner is imperative.
Your skills are required to:
• Monitor all aspects of news relating to the organisation and broader industry news to provide timely alerts to the PR team and wider business, including TV, print, online and social media.
• Write concise reports and summaries on key stories including incisive assessment and evaluation.
• Co-ordinate news reporting and evaluation across a network of European PR managers and agency support.
• Compile editorial calendars and other tools used to discover new PR opportunities and scan the horizon for potential media issues.
• Assist PR managers with other activities as needed.
We need you to have a strong experience and a genuine passion for working on news and current affairs. This might include roles as a journalist, PR specialist or researcher.
• You will have a very high standard of written communications with an ability to work and write quickly and accurately under pressure.
• Good understanding of all forms of news and communication channels, including the latest social and online platforms.
• Experience of different European media markets would be a bonus.
• A second European language preferred. Especially French or German.
Higher educational background is preferred. Journalism experience or qualification desirable.