Media Relations/PR Assistant
Based in central London
3 month temporary or temp to permanent
A leading management, systems and technology consulting firm is looking for a Media Relations/PR Assistant to join them on a temporary or temp to permanent basis.
The purpose of the job is to use media relations to enhance the firm’s reputation as leading experts in key business areas aligned to strategic marketing priorities.
Market Knowledge: Develop an understanding of the market and client issues underpinning each of the Main Marketing Campaigns
• Marketing Campaigns: support each of the campaigns through regular media intelligence such as journalist response sources, social media, journalists’ websites and forward features. Prepare pitches to journalists based on these opportunities.
• Contribute to the UK element of the global PR plan, identifying target publications, maintaining a rolling list of forward features, monitoring Response Source and fostering relations with target journalists.
• Social media: help develop UK Communication’s social media PR strategy with a view to understanding the potential gaps in our activities and identify the actions we need to take to enhance our presence particularly in relation to LinkedIn, Twitter and blogs.
• Media content: work with business and marketing leads to review and edit media content for forward features, submissions, letter to the editor and opinion pieces.
• Forward features: Identify forward features in national and trade media relevant to our campaigns and manage our submissions, including critical review and editing of content.
• Promotion of PR material: Ensure that media coverage achieves strong visibility both internally and externally through reprints, media displays in the office, updating the website and Newsletter.
• Media training: Plan and execute media training sessions for selected spokespeople working with external trainers, the marketing leads and the consultants.
• Managing supplier relations: overseeing the relations with key suppliers, such as media monitoring agencies, databases companies, trainers etc
Skills and experience:
Demonstrable PR experience in professional services marketing to include print, trade, online and social media channels
• Experience of using social media tools for PR purposes
• Experience of using Thought Leadership as context for PR campaigns and programmes
• Excellent writing skills and Top Down Thinking knowledge
• Good journalist contact base
• Evidence of delivering tangible media results
• Good understanding of social media and how it can be applied to PR
• Ability to sell in top level editorial ideas; ability to identify, adapt and promote a potential story
• Ability to critically review content, restructure and produce clear, compelling narrative
• Good networking skills to help develop new relationships amongst target journalists.
• Strong delivery skills
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Media Relations/PR Assistant