The Media Relations Analyst will support our client's media relations team by tracking/providing analysis of relevant news stories across multiple issue areas, producing analytics reports, as well as drafting/editing news releases, blog posts, social media posts, story pitches, and other content. The Media Relations Analyst will also be responsible for providing general media relations support to the team, including drafting plans, developing media lists, pitching stories and op-eds, handling media event logistics, and so on.
- Track relevant news coverage to ensure the media relations team is aware of developing stories.
- Prepare daily media monitoring report featuring relevant news from the previous day.
- Prepare regular analytics reports on core performance indicators as well as reports on demand as needed.
- Write/proof/edit news releases, media advisories and other content in support of media relations efforts.
- Field/route general media to appropriate media relations staff in a timely manner.
- Pitch stories to media outlets as directed by media relations team.
- Provide planning/logistical support for media briefings/events as needed.
- Support internal clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 3+ years of job related experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to public advocacy.
- Demonstrated ability to work and thrive in a dynamic/fast-paced work environment.
- Prior experience pitching media outlets.
- Demonstrated experience writing/editing blog posts, press releases, and fact-sheets.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) as well as Cision or other similar platforms is a must.
- Prior experience with Google Analytics or similar tools preferred.