Primary responsibilities include:
• Produce motion mood boards/animatics, storyboards, sketching, motion studies, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs and story telling videos
• Work (primarily) with interaction, visual and integration (prototype) designers to ensure the motion design enhances the overall user experience
• Working with Art / Motion Directors to design and build compelling high quality animations and video productions
• Utilizing conceptual and design skills to bring ideas to life
• Shaping the details of motion projects by providing cutting edge techniques and technologies
• Coordinating with programmers on integrating functions and objects into visual designs
• Managing deadlines and executing on-time and on-task
• Staying current with production tool and technology advancements
• Deliver visual assets to development counterparts
• Work with user researchers to coordinate testing efforts, interpret test results, and incorporate results into design efforts
• Effectively communicate with developers through implementation phase to realize design vision
• Communicate, defend, and build consensus around visual + motion definition and design direction
• Qualified candidates should have at least 5 years of motion design experience, preferably in interaction, broadcast design, film titling, or visual effects.
• Extremely strong motion and visual sensibilities, ability to use motion and visual thinking, storyboards, sketching, and communication design to create breakthrough motion design
• Deep understanding of fundamental visual design disciplines (typography, iconography, composition, color, composition, layout, etc.)
• Expertise creating a variety of motion design documents including mood boards, storyboards, creative briefs, motion studies, and motion style guidelines
• Meticulous sense of detail and ability to seek out simple solutions to complex design challenges.
• Always approach a project from multiple angles, and deliver a variety of solutions.
• Familiarity with user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, competitor analysis, and heuristic analysis
• Experience in delivering production assets to development counterpart on time and with quality
• Fluency in current entertainment and social media trends
• Experience working confidently in a large collaborative studio, ideally with Program Management, Development, Product Planning, Brand, Marketing and Usability
• Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills
• Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and future products
• Proficiency with, After Effects (expert level), Photoshop, Illustrator, and all related business and design tools; minimally, familiarity with a 3D program such as Maya, 3DS Max, Cinema 4D. Final Cut Pro experience a plus.
• Ability to quickly produce stunning and elegant motion studies
• Experience creating After Effects projects and expressions that allow for rapid iterations and revisions
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
• A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Computer Animation, Interface Design, Interaction Design, Motion Design, Film and Television or equivalent experience
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Primary responsibilities include: