seeking an experienced, self-motivated Sound Designer to join our internal development team. Our ideal candidate is highly creative and technical, with an extraordinary work ethic. The primary focus of this role is sound design, voice over, and implementation, but you may also be expected to help with composition and audio system design. Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and can lead by example with both design and implementation.
- This is a team environment with cross-disciplinary dependencies. The sound designer must successfully represent the audio experience and sound design assets to both his non-audio teammates and to the rest of the audio team.
- He / she must work well with ambiguity. The team needs adaptive and innovative candidates who can bring audio answers to big questions.
- Excellent time management skills, and ability to actualize sounds in the experience in a timely fashion – (This team works in high level stress situations often so the candidate will need to be able to handle these situations.)
- He / she must take direction well and be able to design for an audio experience based on the relative context.
Years of experience required – at least 2 years game audio or interactive media experience
- 1 shipped title or equivalent work practice
- Focus area of expertise within shipped products
- Experience with DAWs (understanding of signal flow, plug-ins, sound design techniques, mixing & mastering)
- Experience in recording (microphone techniques, recording techniques, processing & editing)
- Experience in file management (naming conventions, batch processing, memory profiling & debug spew analysis)
- Experience in written & verbal communication (word, excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with sound engine such as Wwise or FMOD.