Vitamin T is working with a global sporting company looking for a creative, consumer-focused storyteller, who has a deep passion for the sports industry, and a particular obsession with football and basketball culture. This professional, detail-oriented, team player must have strong copywriting and editing skills and be able to drive content development for multiple marketing, sales and communications channels that support our Team Sports brands - football, basketball, volleyball and soccer.
This role is for a sports junkie, a creative who has worked on sports brands, or a never truly athletic but always wanted to be a professional player who day-dreams about playing in the big leagues.
The primary responsibility of this position is to deliver compelling, avid athlete, coach and fan-friendly copy across all functional marketing areas that are design-driven and accurately voice our brand identities.
The ideal candidate will be highly collaborative and business-minded, and able to function well in a deadline-driven environment. And, if you have a directly-related passion project - such as writing a blog, hosting a podcast or running an epic Instagram, Twitter or Snapchat account - that may just put you over the goal line.
- Brainstorm, collaborate and work cohesively with the designers, Art Director and Marketing team to execute the highest quality concepts and marketing/communications projects for sports division
- Research and write complete and accurate product copy for omni-channel marketing materials, including, but not limited to print, digital and broadcast advertising, promotional campaigns, social media, catalogs, brochures, websites, email blasts, etc.
- Collaborate with marketing managers as well as R&D representatives to understand product features and benefits, product line strategy and business strategy, then write copy that delivers on these strategic focuses.
- Understand the demands of SEO to deliver copy that effectively utilizes key words and phrases seamlessly.
- Understand the difference between B2B and B2C to deliver targeted copy to unique audiences.
- Work on multiple concurrent projects, ensuring deliverables are achieved on time, while maintaining the highest standards of quality and creativity.
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to immerse themselves in the brand and develop a knowledge base of category differences, including sport vernacular and specific terminology for the variety of athletes/audiences.
- Vary tone and language messages based on medium, target audience and product while maintaining the Wilson brand voice.
- Edit or rewrite existing copy as necessary.
- Proofreads and edits copy.