One of my education clients is looking for a Copy/ Content Editor with an emphasis in Mathematics.
Part time work: 30 hours/ week
Start Date - ASAP - through 7/1/2018
This position reports to the Senior Director, Math Content Development. The Math Editor actively supports the development and refinement of market-competitive mathematics curriculum, assessments, and instructional products, including both print and online learning products from inception through production of bound books and digital content. The Math Editor facilitates and reviews the work of writers/authors and vendors with a focus on content editing, layout, composition and design. The editor is expected to write, edit, answer check, copy edit, and proof as needed to maximize product content, quality, and marketability while meeting deadlines.
• Review the content and editorial work conducted by content authors and external vendors
• Approach content design and development with an understanding of customer needs
• Examine state and national standards and conduct and/or review alignments and correlations of content to standards
Education: Minimum BA or BS required; degree in math preferred. MA in mathematics, education, or related field preferred.
Three to five years’ experience in math content development at the grades 6–12 level
Experience working with multi-level and multi-component products in both print and digital formats
Assessment item development experience a plus
Experience in teaching secondary-level math preferred
• Comprehensive knowledge of secondary mathematics content and pedagogy, pre-algebra through precalculus
• Knowledge of SpringBoard, especially AP
• Familiarity with curriculum and assessment design
• Analytic ability to gather, synthesize, and interpret data and market intelligence
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate to colleagues, educators, and other constituents at various levels
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong technical skills; high digital literacy, including the full suite of Microsoft Office applications
• Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro and InCopy/InDesign editorial workflows
• Ability to work on complex projects to successful completion
• Ability to prioritize to meet critical deadlines