Marketing Strategist, Residential
One of Aquent’s valued energy clients is seeking a Marketing Strategist. Their marketing department is responsible for the planning, development and execution of marketing activities and support materials that drive participation in PG&E’s energy-efficiency, demand response and dynamic pricing programs, as well as adoption of long-term energy management behaviors.
Overview of Role:
As a member of the Marketing Strategy team, you will drive residential customer outreach strategies for residential rates, including CARE, SmartRate, Electric Vehicles and Time-of-Use. You will collaborate with key internal stakeholders as well as external vendors to ensure alignment, reconcile feedback and provide ongoing input and support to teams executing plan deliverables. You will work closely with the Product Managers, Marketing Communications, Customer Insights and Customer Contact Centers to implement best in-class marketing campaigns that drive customer engagement with rates. Additionally, the role is responsible for coordinating marketing-related inputs for data requests and annual reporting related to SmartRate and CARE outreach.
• Collaboration with internal teams to create outreach plans, establish key performance indicators and metrics, manage analytics and data deliverables, and execute on the agreed upon plan.
o Provide support and development of comprehensive data-driven marketing plans that will enhance customers’ understanding of rates. Optimize plans as needed to support roll-out efforts.
o Execute the plan for communicating activities and deliverables to appropriate internal stakeholders, making recommendations for improvement when necessary.
o Assist in creating and editing presentations and materials used for strategic planning.
o Host team meetings with Products, Operations, Legal, Customer Insights and Marketing Communications to review resources, discuss priorities and resolve outstanding issues.
o Project management to support scheduling and coordination of timelines and deliverables.
• Provide guidance, as appropriate, to Marketing Communications team to aid in development of creative - which ranges from advertising and direct-to-customer marketing pieces, to sales presentations and turn-key communications, to collateral and web updates.
o Work with Marketing Communications partners to align campaign and tactical creative briefs for external agencies that correspond to marketing plans. Ensure brief’s alignment with program and messaging strategies.
o Review Marketing Communications’ tactical metrics and analytics recommendations against program goals.
o Establish customer data requirements to achieve effective targeting by tactic, in partnership with external agencies.
o Participate throughout tactical execution process by providing input on advertising and marketing materials to Marketing Communications team and/or external agencies, as necessary.
• Support the delivery of ongoing and ad hoc reports as required by internal management and CPUC requests.
o Support the development of CPUC reports and data requests, coordinate input from key stakeholders, write content, route for approvals, and edit as necessary.
o Support internal updates to senior leadership on status of program outreach.
• Aid budget tracking and forecasting
• Support special projects as assigned by management
• 4-6 years of experience managing the development and delivery of marketing materials, defining strategic objectives, setting metrics and measuring performance
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Experience in Consumer marketing
• Advanced communication skills with ability to write original content for marketing and communication materials, and business presentations
• Proven ability to foster trust and collaborative partnerships with colleagues and internal stakeholders
• Advanced analytical and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
• Experience working in environmental or energy-related field a plus
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business required
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Marketing Strategist, Residential