High level responsibilities
• Contribute to citizenship team on opportunities to build a positive image and reputation in Canada, specifically in the area of Community Affairs.
• Trusted advisor to Citizenship Lead as it relates to the Company's Canada’s role as a good corporate citizen.
• Establish and maintain strong relationships and alliances with corporate partners, community organizations and government to build and execute strategic programs that address societal issues and make an impact.
• Assist to enhance and implement our strategy of engagement with government elites.
• Work with internal business groups, both proactively and reactively, to understand key business objectives.
• Align opportunities to support the community with our core organizational competencies and business goals.
• Work closely with non-profit community across the country to develop and implement programs that meet their needs.
• Build relationships with our regional teams to develop and implement local community initiatives that meet the needs of their communities.
• Working with Citizenship Lead, contribute to internal and external storytelling as it relates to the community affairs portfolio, including blog posts, website updates, Local Impact Map stories, and social media blasts.
• Evaluate and track donation and sponsorship opportunities by community program guidelines.
• Continue to move the success of our YouthSpark strategy by identifying and working closely with potential grant recipients and partners.
• Develop relationships with our corporate office and other regions in order to effectively execute programs.
• Working with Citizenship Lead, direct Canada’s employee engagement strategy, provide ongoing review and measurement, and improve opportunities for employees to participate and make a difference in the community.
• Prepare communications drafts.
• Manage budget allocation.
• Other responsibilities as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• The ideal candidate will have experience supporting or developing community affairs programs.
• A minimum of 2 years of work experience in government or public relations, marketing, journalism, or communications would be highly beneficial.
• A track record of building and managing alliances, working effectively with diverse stakeholders, and knowledge of the technology sector are assets.
• This position requires excellent oral and written communications skills, strong attention to detail, and highly-polished interpersonal skills.
• The ability to self-direct, multi-task, and work under aggressive or self-imposed deadlines is also essential.
Educational and Industry Background
• Bachelor’s Degree (Field of study preferred: government or public relations, marketing, political science, journalism, communications).
• Community Affairs (2 years of experience).
• Experience in event planning and execution is desirable.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
High level responsibilities