Our valued client in the energy industry is seeking a Marketing Specialist for a 12 month opportunity onsite in Alpharetta, GA.
Candidates must have proven experience effectively driving marketing and marketing communications. Leadership is a core tenant for this position including the candidate’s ability to: (i) drive the development of marketing planning, marketing as a forecasting tool, methodology and integration of marketing and sales force automation activities relative to lead generation; (ii) establish tactical Marketing Communications plans; (iii) work with management to ensure opportunities are followed up and advanced by the sales teams, (iv) be accountable for frameworks, tools, practices and governance results.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Works closely with subject matter experts such as product and segment managers to understand target customers, market trends, product & solution applications, competitive differentiators and business model.
• Develops and implements an integrated strategic marketing plan based on business objectives, customer insight, and local market trends in order to identify, acquire and convert new business as well as retain existing customers.
• Defining and executing a demand generation blueprint for offers and/or segments including tactics such as:
• Messaging & Content strategy including web
• Collateral & Asset development (including digital assets)
• Press & Influencer Relations
• Social Media
• Advertising & paid search
• Direct marketing
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Management or equivalent degree/experience.
7+ years experience in a business related function preferably marketing or marketing communications for multi-national companies in similar industry
Building internal relationships and experience partnering at a leadership level is important.
Ability to analyze results and trends and adapt strategies in an environment with continuous market change.
Ability to motivate and engage team members to attain goals on time, in compliance, and within budget.
Strong ability to perform in a fast paced, changing environment handling multiple demands.
Skills and Knowledge
• Digitally Savvy
• Brand experience in the industry and/or technology sector a plus
• Experience in brand building
• Experience in developing and executing integrated strategic marketing plans (demand generation and brand building)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong inter-personal and influence skills
• Excellent consultant skills
• Ability to work independently and adapt in an ever-changing work environment
• High degree of initiative and pro-active approach
• Team Player and collaborator across functions and regions
• Strong project management skills & ability to handle multiple projects at once
• Well-organized and detail-oriented
• Passionate about on-going learning as it pertains to marketing and customers, and ability to apply that learning
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Word, Excel & PPT