Our healthcare client, located in San Francisco, CA is looking for a contract Marketing Specialist (Associate Marketing Account Manager) to join their marketing team at their San Francisco corporate headquarters. This client will require drug and background screening.
The Marketing Specialist will work as part of an integrated marketing team to provide administrative and project support to the Federal Employee Program as well as intermittent support for CalPERS. Our client is looking for a dynamic marketing professional who is a go-getter, creative, and is passionate about health care and marketing.
This is an exciting opportunity to get exposure to marketing in the health care space and to work with a team of seasoned marketing professionals you can grow with professionally. Attention to detail and an eye for quality is a must, along with the ability to follow through on assignments, be proactive, and be a forward thinker.
The role reports to the Federal Employee Program Marketing Account Manager.
• Supports Marketing Account Manager through coordination and implementation of print deliverables for open enrollment seminars and health fairs.
• Manages deliverables on project plans of low to moderate complexity by preparing creative briefs, estimating costs, preparing timelines, and securing resources.
• Keeps Marketing Account Manager abreast of project deliverables, milestones and budgets through regular status updates.
• Updates marketing collateral by managing the collateral review process including gathering input from subject matter experts, internal and external stakeholders, and legal.
• Provides redlines to Creative Team and proofs materials for accuracy before distributing to stakeholders for approval.
• Manages marketing and promotional items for the team, including budget management, procurement, online inventory tracking, and shipment management.
• Prepares PowerPoint presentations, including updating and editing based on feedback, and obtaining subject matter expert/stakeholder reviews and approvals.
• Follows up with Blue Shield staff and vendors to ensure timely and accurate completion of assigned deliverables.
• Provided support in updating Federal Employee microsites (content, graphics, PDFs) as requested.
• Initiates and tracks purchase order requisitions as needed for the team.
• Helps coordinate meetings or trainings as required and prepares and distributes meeting material as requested.
• Works on special projects as designated by Marketing Account Manager.
• Excellent organizational and project management skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Strong work ethic with a positive attitude; polite and courteous at all times.
• Functions as a team player and can work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal, and communication skills - verbal, written and presentation.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Experience writing creative briefs or project/tactical plans.
• Basic knowledge of health insurance products, services and their financial drivers preferred.
• Ability to communicate and work with teams and individuals who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
• BA/BS in a related field such as marketing or business and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A minimum of three to four years of marketing experience required with at least one year of health care experience preferred.
• Strong computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, HTML), Marketo a plus.
• Understanding of basic marketing principles, practices and techniques including marketing analysis and research tools.