Our client, in the theater industry, is seeking an innovative digital marketer responsible for creating and managing company-wide strategy for emails, website content updates and analytics, as well as serving as the primary liaison with our external website vendor. A hands-on position in the Marketing Department, the Digital Marketing Manager (Email Specialist) must be a strong project manager with superior communication skills.
Approximately 50% of the scope of work is focused on email campaign strategy and implementation as well as website content updates; another 30% is facilitating technical enhancements to the website; and the remaining 20% is spent on analytics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Spearhead and implement a digital marketing strategy that consistently supports the organization’s brand, revenue, conversion, participation and channel usage goals.
• Maintain all aspects of the organization’s email communications and website, ensuring that content is up-to-date and maintaining brand/functionality standards.
• Produce, develop and evaluate robust, segmented email marketing campaigns that deliver on sales, acquisition and engagement targets.
• Exercise a constant vigilance to improve the performance of email campaigns; identify opportunities to maximize ROI (including open rate, click-through rate, conversion rate and revenue generation); manage data integrity of patron email list
• Drive the collaboration among internal departments (Marketing, Guest Services, Advancement, Education, IT) to ensure efficiency and clarity in all sales, service, fundraising and engagement communications (via email and web). Actively manage an organization-wide content calendar for website and email communications.
• In collaboration with internal parties and external vendors, manage and develop the functionality and features on the Theater’s website.
• Create and implement an SEM/SEO strategy, with assistance of Marketing Assistant for Advertising and Publications.
• Develop and deliver regular KPI reporting and customer insights, with a focus on improving customer engagement, revenue growth and user experience.
• Work closely with the Marketing Director and Senior Marketing Manager to capitalize on opportunities to deepen the Theater’s relationship with audience members through innovative digital initiatives and effective integration with the Theater’s CRM system, Tessitura.
• Keep up to date with industry trends, innovation and benchmarks as they relate to digital marketing (with a focus on engagement, customization, user experience and analysis). Develop plans to incorporate relevant activity in to the Theater’s business practice.
• Participate in the life of the Theater providing support for related activities and events as needed.