The Project Manager is responsible for the overall planning, management and completion of Marketing projects across a specific division and its business units.
This individual will work with key stakeholders across the matrix to create project scope documents and plans, leveraging strong project management skills to manage roles, identify resource requirements, meet training needs, define project deliverables, provide customer satisfaction and reporting structures and ensure quality of projects. The Project Manager will lead development and management of program communications, and ensure effective communications and relationships between stakeholders and project team members are maintained.
The idea candidate will be self-motivated and detailed oriented, demonstrate strong bias for results, recognize and proactively act upon opportunities and effectively communicate across the organization. The first major project is the relaunch of the client’s global web site, including launch of eCommerce.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
• Works with appropriate customers to identify and coordinate new project requirements
• Works with appropriate customers to develop project scope of work documents and project plans that include an analysis of benefit, cost, work schedule and any related risks
• Assigns, schedules, trains, reviews, and monitors project work to ensure that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time and within budget. Mentors and provides expertise to other project team members.
• Works with appropriate customers to identify the roles of project team members, project reporting structures and frequency of interaction and any training requirements that may be needed for a team member to complete project effectively.
• Defines the responsibilities of parties involved in the project including customers, management, IT management, project team, vendors and others affected by the project.
• Identifies, tracks, monitors and communicates project-related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that may arise during the implementation of IT projects. Facilitates amicable solutions with the appropriate customer(s).
• Manages program meetings, notes and assignments
• Communicate overall project status, decisions, issues and risks, effectively tailoring communications for appropriate audiences
• Create Executive-level presentations summarizing plans and progress
• Escalates problems and roadblocks as they occur for efficient resolution
Required Skills and Qualifications
• At least 5 years of experience with marketing and/or IT project management
• Experienced working in B2B matrixed organizations, including working across multiple regions and time zones.
• Outstanding ability to think creatively and strategically and identify and resolve problems
• Experience developing new business models and opportunities; defining, developing, and documenting business requirements and functional specifications.
• Knowledge of planning, developing, and managing operational and capital budgets
• Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
• Detail-oriented, organized, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to foster strong, professional relationships across all levels
• Demonstrated skill with Excel, MS Project and Powerpoint
• Passion of science a plus
• BS/BA degree required
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs