Marketing & Creative Project Manager
The Marketing Communications Project Manager supports the Strategic Customer Engagement Team in ensuring that project results fulfill client objectives, reflect the brand standards, meet all required criteria for accuracy and compliance, and are completed in a timely, cost-effective manner. The Project Manager manages communications projects for multiple marketing and member retention programs for program-wide, regional, and/or service area clients. This position supports the Marketing Consultants in problem-solving, decision-making, and client contact. This position also collaborates with Brand Management, Creative Services, Operations and Production, and other Consulting Services staff to promote and support Integrated Marketing Communications goals
- Provide relevant project direction to client, team, or functional partners (e.g. Creative Services, Operations, Production units) to ensure completion within project parameters including budget and schedule. Interface with other internal or external functions (e.g. writing, editing, translation, photography, etc.) as required by project.
- Help gather additional input and assist in problem-solving as required.
- Support clients with appropriate contact and effective decision-making.
- Recommend and present creative drafts for review. Ensure that creative brief is approved by Brand Management, Consulting Services, and Creative Services staff.
- Develops formal project work plan (including schedule and cost estimates) for Marketing Communications projects of a moderately strategic and/or complex nature.
- Collaborate with program-wide, regional, and/or service area staff to share resources, procedures, and standards.
- Drafts talking points, FAQs, emails, and other support materials to complement tactical components of marketing communications programs
- Opens routine and/or moderately complex projects as assigned and closes projects in a timely fashion, using departmental project management software applications
- Open complex projects as assigned and close projects in a timely fashion.
- Route project for approval as appropriate and ensure all necessary signoffs are secured (regulatory, legal, brand, and client) prior to production.
- Continually track and document project status against timeline. Update project schedule in database to accurately indicate current status.
- Track project costs against established budget and report results to appropriate parties/ stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide updates to key stakeholders and/or teams as applicable.
- Record time-keeping and invoice information for project file.
- Continually evaluate project components for effectiveness against criteria and develop alternative solutions as required.
- Take ownership of project issues and provide client consultation and service
- Manage additional duties as necessary or assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Advertising or Design required
Preferred Licensure, Certification:
PMP certification (Project Management Professional)
MPM certification (Master Project Manager)
Minimum Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in writing and editing, leading marketing communications projects for diverse market segments, audiences & industries, and developing and implementing strategic and tactical communications plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including the ability to communicate complex issues in simple terms, both verbally and in written form.
- Demonstrated skills in communications project management from concept through completion.
Familiar with computer-based publication design, reproduction & output processes, and software programs such as: Dreamweaver, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications:
- Health care industry experience preferred.
- Portfolio of work samples preferred.