- This is a (6) month temporary opportunity with potential to extend
- Local candidates only please
- Large agency, hospitality, and / or tourism experience required
- Must have proof of eligibility to work in the US as W2 employee
If selected as the Marketing Project Manager you would work closely with vendors/contractors assigned to your campaigns, managing them within scope and budget, as well as assuring their elements are executed on-quality (tactical) and on-time in support of the overarching campaign deliverables.
An effective problem solver on a day-to-day basis, the Project Manager must be adept at anticipating problems and recognizing opportunities to realize efficiencies and minimize scope creep and budget waste.
- Project Lifecycle Management
- Leads Project kickoff
- Presenting key deliverables, initial Spec Sheets, timelines and budgets
- Monitors project budgets and schedules daily
- Catches project scope creep
- Accountable for staying within agreed upon budget and informing all parties of any changes to scope/assumptions/issues that arise
- Manages and updates project work-back schedules Identifies and proactively resolves any deliverables that might fall behind schedule
- Manages tactical quality of all client partner deliverables (specs) and Ensures smooth handoff of deliverables from Creative Services to Markering and IT departments.
Project/Program Administration :
- Responsible for the consistent successful facilitation of project(s) from estimation through launch and maintenance
- Manages project transactions (reviews and adjusts) on a weekly basis
- Manages all projects on-quality (tactical), on-time and on-budget Vendor Management
- Facilitates estimate development and confirmation of vendor(s) selection and final production schedules for print and production work with Purchasing and when necessary the Creative Studio Print Manager
- Ensures hand off of print/production ready files to vendor(s) for production, with Print Production manager where necessary
- Ensures all project outside costs are accurately represented
- Ensures all project outside costs are accurately coded and represented in internal billing systems (i.e. SNAP, SRM, Versa)
Based upon the Agency Account Mapping, this may include assumed responsibilities and tasks associated with other roles that may report up to the Sr. Project Manager, including, but not limited to: Project Manager and/or Project Coordinator per the Project Management Role Matrix.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite programs, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong understanding and proven experience with creative workflows for print, video & digital production required.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university required.
- Preferred degree disciplines: Marketing, Communications, Marketing/Mass Communications, Advertising, Project Management, Business, Organizational Management, Graphic Design, Art Design
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Not required, but PMP or any other Project Management certifications a plus.
- Preferred candidates will have 5+ yrs experience in corporate environment with focus on developing marketing and advertising messaging strategies and overseeing tactical execution.
- Preferable experience managing/overseeing at least 1 or more direct reports.
- Experience with in-house creative agency or marketing/advertising is strongly preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience..
- Experience with project management workflow software (Workamajig, Basecamp, Workfront, MS Project, etc.) a plus, Workamajig strongly preferred.
- Proficiency or working knowledge of MAC OS and Adobe Creative Suite also a plus, but not required.
Preferable skills for success in role includes but not limited to:
- Advanced project management skills, including strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple demands simultaneously in fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving abilities.
- Thorough understanding of studio/graphic arts and creative workflow processes.
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience with print production processes and techniques (artwork, pre-press, printing.) Strong working knowledge and proven experience with digital development and production processes and techniques (web, mobile, social, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge and proven experience with video production processes and techniques (photo/film shoot, AV editing and/or motion graphics development.)