An excellent long term contracting opportunity, that offers a friendly relaxed studio environment with interesting global projects on!
Print projects (note, they’re rarely actually printed): brochures, factsheets, infographics, adverts, white papers, event stands/signage, creative concepting etc
Video projects: event filming, animations, product demos, pieces-to-camera, interviews etc. The full spectrum
Digital projects: landing pages, digital banners, social media assets etc
The Project Manager is a member of the Account Services team within Global Creative Services. They own the client relationship and are responsible for intake, scheduling and management of all tactical projects for a given set of clients. They manage the efficient and effective implementation of marcom plan tactics by ensuring that objectives, strategies and tactics are sound and align with both the clients’ desired outcomes and Global Creative Services’ capabilities. The Project Manager must have the ability to distill client input for print, web and video initiatives into coherent, actionable language – usually in the form of a Creative Brief – for client approval and Creative Team assignments. In addition, initiate the assignment of creative resources (in partnership with Creative Leads), develop schedules and manage all tactical aspects of project workflow.
The Project Manager must have the ability to lead meetings in a professional manner, set expectations and renegotiate terms and timelines while encouraging a positive, respectful, team-oriented environment. The Project Manager works with significant autonomy and independence and is expected to stay current with B2B marcom best practices.
MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
• Provides project leadership by acting as day-to-day client and Global Creative Services team contact for projects
• Negotiates positive outcomes that ensure long-term business success for our clients and Global Creative Services
• Serves as brand ambassador to help ensure adherence to quality and brand standards
• Helps client understand creative services process and navigates client communication to help them understand timelines and deliverables
• Advocate for the client within Global Creative Services (GCS) and advocate for GCS to the client
• Master of project and workflow: accountable for creation and management of timelines, budgets and project status setting the course for multiple tactics through the department in all mediums (print, digital, video, etc). Requires working within the department’s online project management tool, Workfont.
• Conducts project meetings to ensure alignment across teams and ensures there are clear “next steps” recapped in meeting summaries to the team and the client.
• Coordinates with Creative Team Leads to secure creative team assignments and confirm schedules meet needs of projects
• Reviews and evaluates all projects at intake to assess: creative brief, project parameters and deliverables. Partners with clients to revise brief as needed to ensure completeness for creative development.
• Reviews and routes all creative reviews between client and creative teams, which includes capturing, reviewing and verifying edits provided and is accountable for accuracy, adherence to brief and brand
• Advises on best practices for tactics in play
• Responsible for all elements of project and client relationship management
• Clear understanding of GCS capabilities to assess when projects require additional expertise or partnership with outside agency. If partnership is needed, work with creative teams to select agency and then facilitate completion of project with agency partner.
• Monitors and reports on client retainers and advises Manager of any concerns.
• Work directly with financial manager to verify purchase orders and invoices as needed.
• Write project specs for solicitation of bids on all external agency projects.
• Draft creative labor budget estimate proposals.
Education and Experience:
• College degree in Marketing Communications or related field
• Minimum 4-6 years agency (or corporate/in-house) account support experience and/or 3-5 years experience in project management with solid, demonstrated marketing communications experience.
• Project Management Certification preferred
Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrated experience in creating and leading cross-functional teams
• Ability to understand the bigger picture and the interrelationship of disparate parts, resulting in well thought out actions that meet objectives
• Ability to apply previous learning to new situations
• Resilience in the face of adversity and an extremely strong work ethic, positive attitude
• Ability to both take and give direction
• Working understanding of print, digital and video workflow in an agency environment
• Fluency in marketing communication objectives, strategies, tactics and terminology with ability to write, evaluate and/or interpret a creative brief
• Knowledge of project management tracking systems
• Ability to delegate tasks, coach people, manage expectations and motivate a team, with a strong “can do” attitude
• Deadline and detail oriented with demonstrated ability to deliver on commitments
• Strong interpersonal communication skills – written and verbal (able to communicate with clients at varying levels – i.e. Coordinator to Vice President)
• Effectively uses personal influence with client and team
• Conflict resolution skills
• Ability to leverage and work effectively with diverse styles, skills and abilities and across cultures
• Ability to adjust and set priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Action oriented independent thinker