Title: Marketing Project Coordinator
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
The Marketing Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the development and promotion of marketing tools and campaigns, including internal newsletters, marketing list and database management, competitive benchmarking, and reporting tools. He/she will support the marketing and creative production teams to identify and manage key project dates, track and coordinate approvals for the creation and flow of marketing assets and campaign elements.
This role requires a passion for traditional and digital media, a forward-thinker who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This position’s primary role is to ensure smooth execution of day-to-day work flow through a number of functions, including regulating communication between different departments in order to manage execution of deliverables, schedules and timelines.
The position works closely with the marketing communications team to handle the coordination and communication of requirements for all creative elements for the annuity brand requested by the marketing dept./product managers. This role helps ensure deadlines are met and acts as liaison to effectively handle any challenges that may arise; under the direction of the Manager, Marketing.
• Understand timelines for creative development and production processes, and to fully represent this process for all creative projects as assigned
• Facilitate marketing project tracking schedule for all project deliverables - anticipate needs, accurate dates.
• Assist with communication of project schedule to marketing and creative team
• Traffic marketing creative assets (brochures, fact cards, flyers, photography, digital assets, etc.) to route for approvals, distribute per schedule to appropriate parties
• Open new job requests in iProject database as initiated by Marketing/Product Managers and schedule milestones, timelines and specs based on project deliverables
• Distribute instructions and materials to creative staff under the direction of the Manager, Marketing. Gather all assets required to complete the job.
• Document and monitor progress of milestones and the approval process to ensure sign-off of appropriate parties, including the accurate and timely entry of proofed materials in iProject.
• Assist with the legal approval of copy and design used in marketing materials by submitting approved documents to legal department
• Act as liaison to effectively handle any challenges that may arise to ensure deadlines are met; under the direction of
the Manager, Marketing
• Assist with proofreading and editing
• Assist with internal newsletters
• Manage marketing lists and maintain database
• Organize and file all jobs that come through the marketing department
• Other duties as assigned
Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communication or related field
• 5+ years experience in ad agency or in-house marketing/design dept.
• Proven time-management skills to prioritize assignments in order to anticipate and meet multiple deadlines
• Must be highly organized and focused on accuracy
• Very strong communication skills and ability to work effectively independently and with others in a team environment in order to ensure timely delivery of projects
• Positive approach with high degree of professionalism required
• Meets challenges with resourcefulness; develops innovative approaches and ideas; creative, yet practical with problem-solving
• Pro-active follow-up skills
• Highly advanced proofreading, writing and communications skills required
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and previous experience with web-based project management tools required
• Insurance knowledge a plus
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Title: Marketing Project Coordinator