Marketing Operations Manager
The Marketing Operations Manager is a hands-on marketer that focuses on executing marketing programs via email, direct mail, and display, and in-product designed to drive revenue and growth for the Small Business Team. The Marketing Operations Manager will work across the organization with a variety of teams (marketing managers, web developers/QA, data operations, print production, external creative agencies, email vendor, finance, and infrastructure technology teams) to help drive execution.
The ideal candidate must be detail oriented and have a keen eye for accuracy. Comfortable using and learning self-serve tools to execute own tasks. Be able to juggle multiple deadlines, and adjust priorities based on ever changing business needs. Proactively plan ahead and anticipate needs of team, and provide execution recommendations.
Specifically, this team member will:
1. Be the point of contact for the direct response team and in-product marketing team in driving the coordination, approval, set-up, and testing of promotions and offers for marketing campaigns. Ensure they are set-up on time and error-free.
2. Help marketers anticipate and manage operational tasks; apply a customer mindset to the campaign experience, end to end, to identify potential inconsistencies or trouble spots, and make recommendations.
- Ensure critical campaign elements are correct: promotion/offer codes are error free, images rendering correctly on emails, links/URLs and copy are accurate and meet specifications.
- Assist in gathering elements to build and execute campaign (web links, shopping cart links).
- Ensuring testing is done thoroughly and end-to-end to ensure an error free launch.
- Manage campaign schedules, identifying, and communicating risks & dependencies.
- Participate in the review of direct marketing creative, and applying a keen eye for detail.
- Work with the Direct Response Marketing Manager's to ensure alignment with marketing execution needs (discount codes, landing pages, links, purchase orders, etc.)
- Define own execution plans to meet schedules and deadlines. Proactively manage conflicting dead lines and come up with alternatives when necessary.
- Assist in managing email deployment, including overall setup, data counts, review creative tests/proofs review and approvals.
3. Assist in gathering data / pulling metrics to feed into miscellaneous dashboards as needed.
4. Manage purchase order requests, including the collection of vendor statements of work, and help with overall budget management, research and help resolve vendor payment/invoice issues.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Must possess a passion for technology as it relates to marketing.
- Experience with complex processes for execution, such as marketing campaign operational set-up and testing, fulfillment processes, and marketing email deployment systems.
- Extremely detail-orientated and organized with a hands-on approach to project management and a strong bias for action.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously while maintaining excellent and accurate work.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams to meet project objectives, fostering strong working relationships in the process.
- Eagerness to learn fast with strong creative problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- The energy, motivation and commitment to drive for results in a challenging, ever-changing environment.
- Passion for the customer, innovation, and operational excellence.
- Experience with Excel, Word, Power Point, and Adobe Acrobat required.
- Experience with Siebel, Omniture, project management software is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years in marketing operations or related field required.
- Experience in software or high-tech marketing is a plus
- Positive attitude
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Marketing Operations Manager