Marketing Manager, Promotions(Retail, Apparel, Beauty, Ecommerce)
This is a 6 month freelance position , 40 hours/week based onsite in SF. Strong potential to extend!
The Marketing Manager role on the Loyalty, Promotions team at our client is responsible for gathering and reporting on key competitive trends in the beauty and broader retail environment for both online & in-stores. This role will create insights for business executives that the teams will strategically respond to as needed. This role will also partner with the CRM team to help execute key campaigns- in partnership with other key partners.
This person will own all things competitive recapping (stores, dotcom, promotions, loyalty, etc.) with experience in strategic marketing. Must have a strong background in retail is key and should have an understanding of what's relevant to retail, competitive landscape and emerging trends. This person must also be flexible and not easily flustered or effected by fast pace or many changes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Gather key competitive insights from various sources and consolidate into meaningful strategic memos that go to executive team
• Create weekly snapshot of competitive promo activity to cross-functional group
• Recap specific competitive online and in store promotional campaigns as needed
• Drive strategic dialogue on competitive insights
• Manage set-up of large CRM campaigns from start to finish. Including working with Project Manager to develop timelines, managing setup online, trouble shooting issues, QA’ing assets, managing all internal project communication
• 5+ years in marketing experience and consumer-based online experience, preferably retail – with focus on understanding competitive dynamics
• Bachelor’s Degree Required
• Ability to multi-task, managing multiple projects, people, and initiatives while maintaining high attention to detail
• High degree of initiative to drive projects to completion
• Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain relationships with business partners at all levels
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
• Ability to use analytics to make data driven decisions
• Excels in fast-paced, high-volume and deadline-driven environment
• Ability to balance client experience, business needs, and resources to ensure correct prioritization of cross-functional work
• Strong understanding of consumer mindset for buying Beauty product online
• Passion for the Beauty business
• Mastery of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)