The mission of this tech company's online store is to profitably showcase its technology and illuminate their innovation story, by transforming the buying and ownership experience for their devices, software and services in a mobile first, cloud first world. As they grow their online store business in the Canada Market, they are looking for a high-energy Category Marketing Manager to drive the store’s expansion in the market.
Your role as a Category Marketing Manager is to develop and deliver the marketing strategies that drive the online sales in Canada. You will also be responsible for driving the business against targets, creating strong partnerships with Business Group (BGs) counterparts, and developing deep business and customer insights; all to help define and execute the category marketing plans.
Lead the Store's Online Sales and Marketing Plans & Execution:
• Define the sales and marketing plans for devices across various direct channel properties
• Review and manage business performance against unit, revenue and contribution margin targets
• Align with BGs and Consumer Channel Groups to ensure the store campaigns, offers, product roadmap, etc. is consistent across online and offline experiences.
• Partner with Buyer teams to ensure Product Roadmaps and allocations are aligned.
• Align priorities and plans with Online Store Managers and Regional Online Store Merchandisers.
Business Group Partnerships and Business Development:
• Represent the Online store to the BGs in regular business rhythm
• Facilitate inbound requirements, gathering from the BG and outbound communication of business results, best practices and insights for online sales
• Partner with the BG to develop new business opportunities, launch pilot programs and refine our offers and sales scenarios
Business and Customer Insights:
• Develop deep business and customer insights based on triangulation of data across our sales and marketing touch-points, Web reporting data and end-customer research
• Communicate insights to key stakeholders of the Store team (Online & Retail), including multiple teams as well as BG counterparts.
• Partner with BG stakeholders on business intelligence and consumer insights needs to help influence product and promotion roadmap
As the leader for this key area of our business, you will be measured by how well you drive revenue across the product offerings, as well as show clear alignment with the Retail Store counterparts and BG partners.
What you bring to the role:
• Proven thought leadership and results leading marketing and/or sales for consumer and small business products and services over the past 5-7+ years
• A deep understanding of digital & ecommerce marketing for the PC market, with the ability to translate marketing needs into program execution
• A track record of exceptional partnering across a wide-array of internal business groups, stakeholders and execution partners
• An ability to manage relationships with subsidiary peers to leverage campaign activities as appropriate from other subs, as well as drive global integration and adoption of marketing guidance
• An entrepreneurial spirit that is passionate about building businesses within a fast paced environment, while changing the way customers perceive our brand and our products
• Superior verbal, written, and presentation skills in English.