This exciting role of Digital Content and Community Manager will join our clients Canadian Digital Marketing team as a key member of centralized group which manages the digital & social channels.As their program and digital audience continues to grow and evolve, the Digital Content and Community Manager will serve as the voice of their brand geared towards Developers, IT Professionals and Data Scientists in online social networks & social media, and will be responsible for strengthening our relationships online.
• Owning Social Media editorial calendar (planning, ideation, execution & reporting at both national & local levels)
• Creating and curating customer-centric digital content across a variety of formats (blogs, infographics, images, videos)
• Managing paid social campaigns across social media platforms to execute against organization objectives (including execution, optimization and performance reporting)
• Listening, posting & responding on behalf of the brands properties to theircustomers / followers through a variety of social media channels (eg. Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, blogs)
• Playing a leadership role in collaborating and coordinating activities with both Canadian and Global Social Marketing teams
• Owning Audience Access process for groups looking to communicate with our Social Audiences (eg. product / audience marketers, MarCom, Sales, customer service & CorpCom)
• Creating the digital/social extension of in-person events
• Ongoing social listening & influencer outreach processes (eg. identify & engage beyond our assets)
• Tracking, reporting, analysis & insight generation for Social Media (eg. what’s working or not, ideas for innovation)
• Using Social Technology tools (eg. Sprinklr, Simply Measured)
• Collaborating with agency partners to plan, ideate & execute activities
• Provide ongoing competitive benchmarking, best practices and innovation ideas to team
• Staying abreast of digital/social trends
• Governance & Escalation process for Canadian Technical audiences
Deliverables and KPIs:
Audit and streamline social media presence
Increase engagement on owned channels
Drive business impact by producing marketing leads
Increase social reach of owned content
Growth of audience channels among key demographic
Deliver robust advocacy program and consistently identify and engage influencers
Deliver paid social campaigns that meet business objectives, deliver efficiency in spend, and drive innovation.
Relevant Skills and experiences:
• 3-5 years’ experience in social media and/or digital communications and engagement, preferably in the Technical space
• Demonstrated superior writing and content creation skills. Understanding of content formats across all social platforms.
• Experience in managing paid social media campaigns end-to-end, including tactic identification, campaign launch, optimization and reporting.
• Understanding of technical space (cloud, data platform, internet of things, open-source, mobile development, etc)
• Strong analytical skills – leveraging past results, industry insights and business objectives to build meaningful campaigns
• Nose for news – using social listening tools to strategically create locally relevant, brand relevant ”right time” engagements
• Keen understanding of and passion for using social platforms for customer outreach and support.
• Understanding of the B2B customer journey/sales cycle.
• Community management rock star: ability to create engagement and discussion, connect networks and individuals, provide value to social media audiences.
• Project Management skills - Good at establishing clear directions; sets stretching objectives; distributes the workload appropriately; lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner; high level of collaboration across multiple stakeholder groups
• Energetic self-starter, with bias for action and ability to adapt to a transforming business.
• Bachelor's Degree, preferably in technical and/or communications disciplines.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
• Background & knowledge in technology
• Currently publish a personal blog or other form of digital content on consistent basis
• Demonstrated connection with our primary audience (Developers, IT Professionals, Data Scientists)
• Customer research experience
• Experience with relevant technology & reporting tools
• Flexible work hours (as some activities will require support outside traditional 9am-5pm)