KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS:
1) Strategic Leadership
2) Relationship Management – internal and external partners
3) Operational Excellence
4) Budget and ROI Management
20% Strategic Leadership
• Responsible for proactively managing program elements to ensure they align with sponsorship strategy: Image (including advertising, signage, website), Reputation (including communication plan), Client Hospitality (including hospitality plan, invitation process), Employee Engagement (volunteering, employee programs) and Community Engagement (grassroots programming).
• Develop and implement initiatives to leverage Financial Group sponsorships.
• Review and evaluate elements of the sponsorship on an ongoing basis to ensure relevant programming.
• Provide strategic ideas and recommendations related to the specific projects and relationships based on specific expertise related to the sponsorships.
• Develop, monitor and update critical paths to ensure timely execution of programs.
• Execute events related to the sponsorship, and/or oversee a team which executes the event.
40% Relationship Manager - Internal Stakeholders and External Partners
• Interaction and communication with Senior Management levels at sponsored organizations.
• Develop and maintain productive, professional relationships with the external sponsorship partners
• Manage relationships with suppliers/merchandisers for ordering products related to particular sponsorships.
• Work closely with counterparts in Sponsorship Advertising to execute leveraging plans.
• Interaction and communication with Senior Executive levels
• Work with Lines of Business to support business objectives using opportunities within the sponsorship portfolio. Develop new opportunities where applicable to support the Lines of Business.
• Provide guidance and counsel to Internal Stakeholders (ie. regional offices, Corporate Communications, Donations) as to the best activation and leveraging of sponsorship investments through branch activation, executive exposure and employee engagement.
• Assist and provide advice on contract negotiations to regions and Lines of Business for local sponsorships.
• Ensure effective communication of sponsorship programs to employees at large.
• Prepare Executive Briefing Documents as necessary for sponsorship projects.
• Review new sponsorship proposals and where applicable begin contract development & negotiation.
40% Operational Excellence
• Strategically allocate contractual sponsorship assets amongst the lines of business
• Control inventory of valuable team merchandise (autographed) obtained through contracts and corporate purchase
• Strategically allocate MLS team tickets, merchandise and $150,000 worth of value bank as part of Business Development and Community engagement plans.
• Manage two agencies on behalf of company to execute Team of the Week and the Local Soccer Clubs program
25% Budget Management and ROI Management
• Monitor sponsorships expenditures on assigned projects to control budgets.
• Reviews monthly forecast for assigned budgets with department finance contacts.
• Prepare post event reviews
• Monitor and evaluate sponsorship programs
• Authority to enforce accurate use of branding and image within all projects
• Ensure company standards, procedures and techniques are followed by all partners, suppliers and sponsored organizations
This job is required to interact with;
o VP, Advertising, Sponsorship/Special Events and Merchandising
o Sponsorship and Events teams
o Corporate Advertising
o Media Relations
o Employee Communications
o Corporate Donations
o External partners, internal and external suppliers
o Sr. Executives, District Executives and various LOB’s
Projects in portfolio: Toronto Football Club
Various Regional Sponsorships
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Undergraduate University Degree or equivalent
• Certificate in sport and event management and/or College diploma in public relations and/or CMP designation considered an asset(s)
• 8-10 years Sport Marketing, Marketing and/or Event experience
• Strong understanding of event marketing and leveraging grassroots programming with experience in various elements in the marketing mix – sponsorships, advertising, public relations, media relations
• Good understanding of company's overall marketing and advertising platforms
• Self starter with the ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects and priorities
• Well developed relationship building and relationship management skills
• Ability to work independently and carry a project through to completion while juggling multiple projects
• Well developed and proven project management, relationship building and communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office
• Standard working conditions apply; may be required to work an occasional evening or weekend.
• Job requires travel and weekends
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
KEY ACCOUNTABILITY AREAS: