The Marketing team is looking for an individual to join the team as we work across multiple business teams to drive the functional go-to-market (GTM) planning efforts for a defined set of tools, products, and initiatives released within the company platform. Key skills include the ability to create and drive the strategic GTM vision of each product being released, comfort and skill leading large groups of people efficiently towards a unified goal, be able to dive deep into detail when necessary, and the ability to plan appropriate marketing activity to enable a successful release. This position requires someone who can understand the nuances of a variety of stakeholder business groups and has excellent cross-group collaboration and relationship building skills.
• Develops the GTM strategy for a defined set of products and initiatives released for Advertisers and Publishers; These strategies should clearly demonstrate how the product/tool/feature fit into the long term vision of the supply and demand marketplace, how it will be serviced and sold, and how customer interest and concern will be addressed.
• Drives and aggregates overall functional and marketing GTM plan through project Teams by coordinating with all business owners to bring a product or feature to market.
• Sets and tracks business goals for the Pilot, Beta, or Launch in conjunction with stakeholders.
• Drives business owners to clearly articulate the tactics of their individual business unit to achieve the GTM strategy and goals.
• Creates associated messaging that will be used by business areas to communicate to internal and external customers.
• Recommends the appropriate communication channels that should be utilized in order to meet overarching goals.
• Responsible for tracking progress, assessing risks, and removing any blocking issues by escalating key issues and risks to the correct business owner or by making decisions as appropriate.
• Overall owner of release timeline for individual projects, whether pilot, beta, or full platform release.
• Broader business communication of status on the product/initiative and any risks that could potentially affect deliverables and timing of the product being released.
• Aggregation of all Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) from functional groups, as well as monitoring and analyzing these KPIs to determine readiness to move into each phase of the product lifecycle.
• Facilitates the collection of feedback (product, customer, partner) from partner teams for product management and planning use.
Qualifications: Attributes and Competencies:
Confidence in situations where there is ambiguity and uncertainty, so that the business working group develops trust in the leadership of the Product Marketing Manager. Strong cross-group collaboration skills are essential in order to develop relationships with business owners, as they reside in different organizational areas. The ability to work collaboratively with each business owner, which includes asking for critique and insight, as well as offering it in a constructive and productive manner when necessary. Understands the importance of impact and influence by consciously developing strategies to influence partners, and the ability to anticipate the reaction of others. Creatively adapts presentations and discussions to be relevant to the audience with whom they are speaking.
Ability to understand business direction and goals at a very high and strategic level, paired with the capacity to dive deep into details of any given business area. Understands how to lead large groups of people towards a common goal and keep them focused on the proper level of detail at any given stage of the product lifecycle. Proficiency in course correcting stakeholders when they begin to stray from solving for the current topic, to keep projects moving forward and decisions being made. Strong organizational skills to be able to track a diverse and large volume of workstreams and tasks so that details are not overlooked. Strong negotiation and creative problem solving skills with the ability to understand trade-offs and risks for the business. The ability to write core messaging and positioning
• 3-5 years Advertising Experience, preferably Search Advertising experience
• 3-5 years Project Management experience
• 3-5 years Marketing experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; Ability to distill product information into concise statements for use in business communications and marketing materials
• Ability to learn quickly within a fast-paced environment
• Proven cross-group collaboration experience
• Ability to manage stakeholders’ expectations in a changing and sometimes ambiguous environment
• Data analysis skills a plus
• BA/BS degree required
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs