We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated and creative customer reference professional to work as a key member of the Canadian central marketing organization (CMO) team. Authentic customer endorsement is essential to us, so dynamic and innovative customer stories are front and center of the company’s marketing success.
The customer reference manager will focus on building a thriving pipeline of public references. This pipeline will result in a creative and customer-centric library of reference-based collaterals, including video, customer blogs, case studies, press releases, infographics and other materials, that represent our enterprise portfolio through compelling digital transformation stories.
The role also provides visibility and engagement for marketing, public relations, social media, advertising programs, events and campaigns in Canada. The successful candidate will need to work with various groups and a number of agencies to ensure a single view of customer references, and have a thorough grasp of data to report on reference pipeline and status, quickly, accurately and effectively.
The person in this role will need to have the flexibility and confidence to speak to business decision makers, CIOs and technical representatives alike, engage with sales, drive agency support and take care of administrative details such as scheduling meetings and customer briefings, manage the reference approvals process, and ensure we adhere to budget quarter to quarter. The person should be a fully confident project manager, be meticulous in tracking data and be comfortable working on multiple projects at any given time.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT – owning the story “journey” from nomination to agency, customer, and partner engagement to story production to story publication.
- STORYTELLING – the ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of storytelling across written and visual formats, and will be able to participate in brainstorming ideas for transforming how customer references can be told and shared across platforms.
- CUSTOMER REFERENCES PORTFOLIO management – Business needs are driving the expected stories thru various vertical, our global portfolio, advanced solutions (thru ISVs and partners). Help build an intentional pipeline of customer references.
- IDENTIFYING NEW REFERENCES corresponding to business needs and creating a robust pipeline for references, as part of a reference V-team
- CREATING COLLATERAL from brief to deliverable including video, infographics, presentations; including full customer and agency liaison
- WORKING WITH CROSS FUNCTIONAL TEAMS - supporting marketing team members across the M&O, EPG and SMS&P areas
- TRAINING AND EDUCATION – ongoing across the business, on the customer reference program and value propositions
- VISIBILITY on local and Corp assets – ensuring our customer references are easily accessible both for internal and external audiences
- REPORTING - provide regular updates on status and progress.
- ADMINISTRATION - updating, maintaining and reporting on reference data for Canada
The person in this role should have a good understanding of how to work with sales and external agencies, be organized, have a can-do attitude and be able to work at a fast pace to meet external and internal deadlines. The role’s success will be measured through a series of quarterly and annual metrics to cover pipeline growth, reference conversion, collateral development, depth of reference in business storytelling and broad integration in all marketing engines.
- At least 3 years of excellent project management skills (someone who is familiar in working across a number of different stakeholders and managing those stakeholders to lead a project from beginning to end)
- At least 3 years’ experience in a customer references role
- Story telling experience – content development (projects that this person leads is the development of customer testimonials) Take a brief from a sales person and figure out the digital transformation story. Thinking about the format of that story (video, cuts, infographic, etc.)
- Organizational skills (someone with really strong collaboration and leadership capabilities) Internal and external influencing and need someone who can establish credibility quickly and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills and an ability to drive cross-departmental collaboration and flawless customer experience
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Additional experience of marketing communications/PR/social media disciplines also welcomed.