Palo Alto, CA or San Francisco, CA
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Reinforce brand + product leadership among industry thought-leaders and policy makers
- Drive adoption of products + services into energy efficiency (EE) and demand response (DR) programs across the U.S. and Canada
- Support BD team by creating sales collateral that enable the pipeline, and partnering with customers to develop new marketing tools and opportunities to propel our business
- Be the voice of the energy brand to the energy industry
- Collaborate with BD to identify new market opportunities for current and prospective partners that drive increased customer engagement, generate new business, and build scalable and repeatable programs that can expand beyond the energy industry into other sectors.
- Work closely with Marketing, BD, Regulatory Affairs and Product teams to define and execute a comprehensive energy industry POV.
- Develop marketing toolkits to enable our partners to become better marketers of hardware and services.
- Build and execute a content marketing strategy and annual editorial calendar to educate industry decision-makers about energy solutions.
- Work with Product Marketing and other subject-matter experts to develop content.
- Oversee event marketing strategy (in collaboration with existing Events agency and business development team) and execute materials to support our industry presence.
- Partner with BD to develop industry event roundtables and workshop materials, demonstrating thought leadership in the energy sector.
- Own the marketing relationship with resellers of energy services, including arming them with an understanding of brand values, Marketing Guidelines, and the key marketing assets available for their use. Where appropriate, collaborate with partners’ marketing organizations to identify opportunities for coordinated marketing tactics.
- Review partner’s marketing strategy; make recommendations based on experience with previous partners and efforts; review partner creative featuring products, and help deliver work that meets our requirements and expectations.
- Track and measure the impact of investment in energy marketing activities; share results with Marketing organization and Sales regularly and use KPIs to implement improvements to future planning cycles.
- Bachelor’s degree no specific field
- 7+ years of energy industry marketing experience
- Experience driving the creative development process independently: writing briefs, working with creative teams, evaluating creative assets, budgeting, and production
- Excellent communicator, problem solver, self-starter, analytical and detail-oriented.
- Team player – adept at working with cross-functional collaborators.
- Successful execution of marketing campaigns to acquire new customers, grow product and service adoption across an existing customer base, and accelerate sales.
- Track record in the design, planning and execution of integrated energy marketing programs with a strong focus on B2B communications.
- Strong attention to detail, quality, and process.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Effective project management skills and ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Strong knowledge of analytics tools (Google Analytics, Tableau) and marketing KPIs to measure and report on campaign performance.
- Worked with external agencies and agents, e.g. advertising agencies, designers, photographers.
- Basic knowledge and experience with Salesforce.com or other CRM system.
- Approximately 15-20% travel required.