The Marketing Manager will work closely with the Director, Global Brand Marketing in managing assigned business, including global new product development, pricing, packaging, as well as driving the development and successful execution of all global marketing and product development strategies. Additionally, this role is responsible for US commercial execution, working closely with customer marketing and sales on promotions and in-store execution.
- Assisting Director with overarching strategies for the global strategic plan (BDO) through market analysis and stakeholder input
- Overseeing the day-to-day product line development for brand segments. Includes interfacing with cross-functional team to achieve goals and manage to key milestones while meeting margin and line rationalization targets
- Managing brand budgets, financial targets, segment forecasts Interfacing with key subsidiaries to incorporate global market needs and feedback through consistent two-way communication to ensure effective flow of information
- Supporting the US commercial business, which includes input on line selection, price setting, P&L management, and close coordination with sales and customer marketing to develop key marketing programs and promotions.
- Executing global brand-building activities and developing global marketing tools, including brand and product advertising, and development of content with internal and external groups
- Communicating brand and marketing strategies with stakeholders and the cross-functional team
- Working with licensor on all activities surrounding their properties including brand vision, product reviews & approvals, line plan alignment, promotions, forecasting, etc.
- Similar 'consumer product ' marketing experience in toys or in a similar, trend-driven consumer products company required.
- Product development experience required.
- Previous management experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals at all levels internally and externally.
- Proactive, Self starter with the ability to work independently and also work effectively as part of a cross functional team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to influence and persuade.
- Excellent analytical and project management skills. Must be able to analyze business data, determine solutions, make sound recommendations and carry out actions in effective manner.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects and prioritize work without missing critical deadlines.
- Strong creative problem solving and strategic thinking skills with the ability to develop innovative marketing and product strategies.
- Ability to effectively motivate, develop and lead a team.
- Some travel required.
Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or related (or equivalent). MBA preferred.
At least 7 years marketing experience (5 with MBA).
EXCELLENT VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS
NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT