My client is a consultancy based in Cambridge, and they are looking for an experienced Marketing Manager to join their Technology Marketing Team (new materials, prototyping, developing innovative solutions for existing products). This is a unique opportunity to work across sectors like consumer, life sciences, manufacturing, and others, to ensure best in class marketing support for the business. This is an exciting, innovative, R&D style unit that is very unique. The role will be based on Cambridge, with 1-2 days a week at their London office.
The role holder will be the principal marketing support for the technology innovation service, and is responsible for the client experience. You will be supporting the Global Head of Technology Marketing to develop and execute an effective global marketing strategy, and deliver the growth objectives of the technology business, ultimately supporting the growth ambitions of the business.
The marketing strategy and plan must integrate with, and support, the wider company business strategy and the annual operating plans of sector and geographic teams to ensure delivery of business objectives and return on marketing investment.
You will be executing a comprehensive marketing plan, employing the full range of the marketing mix. An important part of your role will be using all the available information from varied sources, to ensure that the allocation of resources underpin market growth opportunities and business priorities.
The role holder should have a strong passion for technology – not just IT, but science and engineering. You should be knowledgeable and networked into the technology and R&D community in the UK, and cognisant of global technology trends. Ideally, you will have experience of the design and delivery of product demonstrations, both digital and mechanical, and have good experience of delivering demonstrations, both in a centre and on the move at conferences.
- Support the development and implementation of a marketing and communications strategy and plan which successfully positions our experts as leaders in their respective fields, being recognised as innovators, agenda setters and the partner of choice for new and existing clients
- Promote, develop and protect the company brand with technology audiences, proactively acting as ambassador for our vision and story in the market
- Act as guardian of customer engagement strategy, including events, digital programmes and other key touch-points
- Be co-responsible and co-accountable for the delivery of the agreed technology business unit sales and revenue targets, with programmes designed in support of these targets
- Enable our specialists, technologists and consultants to sell by providing effective marketing assets and tools, actively driving the adoption and utilisation of such tools to increase sales performance
- Increase penetration of the sector-related customer base in all key geographies through effective marketing campaigns leveraging global or local campaign materials and assets
- Support a programme of internal engagement to up-skill the wider team on the unique propositions of the technology business units, have best informed sales channels and stakeholders through best in class use of communications
- Support the sales teams on major new deals, especially for new logo clients, throughout the sales cycle with optimal use of marketing assets and resources
- Develop and drive the adoption of new creative marketing tactics and operational excellence, as demonstrated through external recognition; proactively collaborate and share best practices across the function
- Ensure the effective use of Online and Social Media channels in all relevant marketing initiatives to support the company-wide business development programme
- Maximise the return on marketing investments through optimal use of marketing budgets and resources for successful marketing programmes in support of the sector teams’ growth strategies,
- Work with and inspire the wider team of dedicated marketers, as well as virtual teams, such that we become a hallmark for career development and engagement within the firm
- Contribute demonstrably to sales and revenue targets, owning and managing the sector marketing budget
- Maintain a reputation within Technology for effective marketing activity which provide the best results
- Building relationships with the industry at appropriate key influencing level, building credibility both internally and externally
- Engages at all levels within and outside the company to strategically position the company and its propositions – for maximum competitive advantage
- Collaborates with marketing colleagues across key geographic markets to ensure effective programmes
- Directly contributes to function-wide marketing scorecard
- May contribute to pan marketing projects/programmes
- Will report to the Global Head of Marketing For Technology
- Will be accountable for budget spend on specific projects on behalf of other stakeholders
- Becoming recognised as an authority on specific areas of marketing across the organisation and externally
- Support projects that go to CMO and CLT for decision.
- Will support the end to end Marketing Strategy, delivery of the Marketing strategy and reporting on quantitative business outcomes for the technology team on a global basis