Large Consumer Products company in El Segundo is seeking a Marketing Manager to join their Global Brand Management team. This is a temporary opportunity with the possibility of extending.
The marketing team is responsible for global brand management by creating and developing global brand strategy, content, product, and communication assets to drive sell in and sell through. The Manager Brand Marketing will lead the development, implementation, and management of strategic and tactical marketing programs, focusing on global brand strategy, product, and content across the assigned business segment in order to achieve financial growth and profit targets.
- Manage day-to-day line development for brands/brand segments with the cross-functional team to achieve goals and manage to key milestones while meeting margin and line rationalization targets
- Lead in the development, implementation, and management of strategic and tactical marketing programs, focusing on marketing activation, business operations, and customer management in order to achieve financial growth and profit targets
- Manage relationships/be liaison for multiple licensors in the development of entertainment, celebrity and fashion partner dolls.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders on creation of Specialty content and experiences.
- Monitor in-market performance and create recommendations for future development /RFP.
- Manage brands to financial targets and brand budgets
- Develop brand and segment strategies for the global Brand Design Outline (BDO) through market analysis and key stakeholder input
- Collaborate globally with key subsidiaries to incorporate localized market needs and feedback through consistent two-way communication that ensures effective flow of information
- Drive global brand-building activities and develop global marketing tools, including brand and product advertising, and development of content with internal and external groups
- Communicate franchise/brand and marketing strategies with stakeholders and the cross-functional team
- Develop and manage brand forecasts in order to drive overall brand growth
- Build amazing cross-functional relationships; manage and develop marketing talent
- Ensure consistency across the franchise/brand
- Passion for the success of your brands. What does that look like? A proven willingness to go the extra mile, to take on the things that need to be done and a positive attitude that rolls with changes.
- Relationship skills that work across teams, licenses and functions. What does that look like? Excellent communication skills, the ability to compromise and the desire to work with skill sets across the entire organization.
- Leadership ability that ultimately betters the team. What does that look like? The ability to drive change and results through influence and focus, and demonstrated expertise in the field.
- Storytelling skills that deliver and work across brands. What does that sound like? An exceptional ability to communicate the story of your brand and your passion, with a voice that's strong, clear and focused.
- Desire to move the brand's legacy of success into our future of innovation
- Foundational knowledge of the business objectives related to marketing/brand management, a demonstrated understanding of standard marketing techniques and a basic understanding of annual financial plans.
Experience, knowledge, skills required:
- Minimum 6 years (or 4 years with MBA) experience in consumer or brand marketing
- Thorough understanding of standard marketing techniques
- Demonstrated leadership, strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent written/verbal, time management and quantitative/analytical skills required
- Ability to differentiate and create compelling positioning statements and relevance for our consumers and customers
- Prior success in developing/coaching others preferred
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business or related field
- MBA preferred