LOCATION: San Francisco
CONTRACT: 1 year | Mon-Fri | 40 hours/week
PAY $35-$45/hour (based on experience)
The Marketing Manager for this retail company will play a crucial role in developing, executing and analyzing the marketing strategies for the launch and initial phases of online presence of this company. This will include site: promotional and eventually email marketing.
Key business partners for this position will be: store marketing teams, buying teams, and the online creative and production teams.
• Develop and manage Retail Companies Online site, promotion and email strategies (in partnership in-store team), ensuring that messages reflect the value proposition, meet business objectives and maintain healthy engagement rates.
• Become the expert on the retail customer through customer insights, industry research and competitive analysis. Use findings to inform strategic decisions/direction and inspire innovative ideas to test. Confidently present findings to leadership team.
• Own site, promotion and eventually email reporting and analysis. Translate data into actionable learnings. Develop recommendations for future Email and Site strategies.
• Identify opportunities for site, promotion and email testing. Formulate hypotheses, structure methodology and approach, turn conclusions into action.
• Partner with the Sr Marketing Manager to develop and execute the seasonal promotion strategies. Execute contingency plans to enable in season flexibility for changing business conditions.
• Own all in season Online-specific brief writing (Site, Promo and email)
• Maintain the marketing calendar.
• Partner with the Sr Marketing Manager to prepare ad hoc presentations
• Ensure flawless execution of online marketing campaigns through site, email and promotion Q/A, making sure we offer an intuitive and engaging customer experience.
• Entrepreneurial drive coupled with ability to navigate a large organization
• Background in retail/fashion industry, ecommerce preferred
• Must have a deep understanding of how to use marketing to drive a business, how to prepare for and react to change
• Track record of solid strategic thinking
• Ability to apply thought leadership to overall ecommerce marketing strategy
• Excellent communications skills: timely follow-up, ability to articulate objectives, strategies and tactics to various cross-functional teams
• Outstanding organizational skills and project management experience: ability to manage/prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, learn on the fly as necessary
• Expertise in analyzing data , interpreting for a broad audience and developing fact-based recommendations to drive marketing decision-making
• Ability to build effective cross functional relationships and navigate the complexities of a large organization.
• Leadership and people management skills
• Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
• Omniture experience strongly preferred
• 5+ years relevant ecommerce marketing experience
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs