Marketing Manager - Senior
This role is with the Innovation and Portfolio Marketing Team (The Hershey Experience) at the 19E Site. Hours are 8am-5pm and the role is 6-8 months in duration to start off. The role impacts short, medium and long term initiatives key to accelerating our innovation team’s visio to develop scalable, sustainable and profitable consumer insight driven innovation to deliver a world class portfolio and profitably build global brand affinity. The position will support multiple Marketing initiatives into 2018.
Summary: The main function of a Marketing Manager is to research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas to determine potential sales of a product or service and manage teams of specialist in various roles.
- Advise business and other groups on local, national, and international factors affecting the buying and selling of products and services.
- Confer with legal staff to resolve problems, such as copyright infringement and royalty sharing with outside producers and distributors.
- Develop pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Direct the hiring, training, and performance evaluations of marketing and sales staff and oversee their daily activities.
- Evaluate the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, and return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Formulate, direct and coordinate marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers.
- Identify, develop, and evaluate marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and distributors to manage product distribution, establishing distribution networks and developing distribution strategies.
- Use sales forecasting and strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
- Skills: Verbal and written communication skills, negotiation skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Expert ability to work independently and manage one�s time.
- Strong mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback.
- Expert knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Expert ability to develop marketing and pricing strategy.
- Expert knowledge of media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree in marketing or equivalent training required. 8-10 years related experience required.
• Marketing product innovation experience
• Marketing plans
• eCom/D2C expertise a plus
• Project management expertise
• Cross functional leadership expertise
• Collaborative style
• Positive attitude and high level of energy
• Problem solver
• Strong communication skills
• Strong presentation skills
• Systems/Processes/Tools expert (PCM, Excel, PPT)
MUST HAVE: 3+ years of experience in product development + sourcing/innovation/ related project management preferred in CPG. Preferred- ECommerce/D2C (direct to consumer) experience
Top Three Technical Skills: