The Manager, US Pipeline & Launch Strategy, is responsible for determining the value and the value-maximizing strategy for a portfolio of new product assets and lead launch commercial execution.
This role also provides value added analyses of launch portfolio planning related questions, as well as forecast-related business analytics, and provides recommendations to Executive Management.
Under supervision of the Associate Director;
• New product optimization: Owns subset of post-submission assets and determines value-maximizing product strategy (launch strategy incl. launch date, inventory build, prioritization, IP strategy, regulatory and D&R strategy)
• New product forecasting: Oversees collection of fact base (single source of truth) for a portfolio of new products (focus on post-submission) including commercial, IP, RA, SCM, market/investor and other public information. Forecasts all new products in her/his responsibility for different purposes (e.g. new product selection, launch at risk & litigation settlement, CAR, product reprioritization, 5YSP, TGT, LO).
• Launch Execution: Together with Commercial Operations lead the go-to-market commercial execution for launches to ensure optimal launch performance
• Launch analytics: Conducts standard launch analytics (~24-6months before launch). Reviews launch analysis and provides recommendation to Senior Management for value-maximizing launch strategies (e.g. launch dates, inventory building decisions, resourcing decisions).
• Cross-functional strategy alignment: Partners with IP, Finance, Project Management, and Portfolio Management to develop and systematically apply a methodology to maximize new product value with settlements.
Key Performance Indicators
• New product optimization: Proposed strategies accepted by management (leading indicator)
• Forecasting: Forecasting accuracy for LFs for TGTs (both measured as forecasted net sales over net sales actually achieved), for prioritization of pending applications, and for new product selections or deals (measured in % change of forecast over 12 months).
Impact on the organization: • Value maximizing product strategies leading to higher sales potential.
• Undergraduate degree in business or related fields required.
• MBA or equivalent preferred.
➢ Minimum of 5 years of experience in Commercial Operations with experience in Fore-casting (process and system) and Launch (process, analytics, project management) in a complex multiproduct environment.
➢ Experience in working with cross-functional / cross-divisional teams.
➢ Ability to understand multi-functional targets, incentives, and viewpoints and to deter-mine strategies which maximize the asset value for the entire company.
➢ Good understanding of the US IP system.
➢ Prior experience in a healthcare company, preferably generics, large or specialty pharmaceutical, drug wholesaler or customer environment is preferred. Experience in a large food or consumer goods organization will be considered.
➢ Ability to critically analyze a Company’s launch portfolio and make recommendations to management on improvement/enhancement strategies.
➢ Excellent command of MS Excel and PowerPoint.
➢ IMS and other pharmaceutical industry tools
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs