Developer Marketing is focused on helping developers worldwide build successful apps and games businesses on Android and Play, through scalable programs, creative marketing campaigns and other initiatives, content and channels.
As Marketing Manager you will focus on new markets:
- (Go Global) Help developers grow by bringing their apps and games to new markets:
- (Export) EMEA developers to grow in key global markets.
- (Import) Global developers to grow in key EMEA markets.
- (Emerging markets) Help developers in new growth markets to grow their business, with a focus on Middle East, Africa, Russia and Central & Eastern Europe.
- You may also get involved in other programs.
You will have a passion for apps and games business models and understanding how developers use our products and tools to achieve business success. We are looking for a Marketing Manager who can not only communicate with existing developers but also win the hearts and minds of first-time Android developers and encourage them to innovate and grow their businesses. You are a self-starter who will ramp up quickly and immerse yourself in the developer community to understand their business needs while identifying the best programs and initiatives to maximize reach, efficacy, and impact at scale. You possess a high degree of comfort and flexibility when working both independently and cross-functionally (with product, design, marketing, engineering, and other teams). You bring a proven ability to prioritize, meet critical deadlines, and take on challenging tasks with enthusiasm and a problem-solving mindset.
- Conceptualise, plan, execute and/or support scalable programs, campaigns and initiatives.
- You will collaborate with Development team, Developer Marcomms and other cross-functional teams to create, publish and promote best practices, written and video case studies and other communications in various formats for various channels.
- You will liaise with Business Development teams, cross-functional teams and our speaker desk to identify what events should be part of our programs, based on our team’s objectives.
- You will collaborate with all relevant stakeholders to ensure that the company participation at hosted and industry events runs smoothly and effectively, overseeing content production as well as internal and external communications (event website, emails, attendee management, etc) and event logistics (creative, design, production, AV, agency, supplier and budget management).
- You will collaborate with Business Development team, Developer Marcomms and other cross-functional teams scoping out the need and, if applicable, rolling out new locally relevant channels needed to drive your programs.
- Impact tracking and reporting: measure your programs, campaigns and initiatives for effectiveness and ROI analysis.
- Support other regional initiatives, campaigns and programs to market to or for developers in EMEA.
- Collaborate with other key stakeholders such as the relevant Business Development, Developer Relations, PR and other cross-functional teams.
- BA or BS degree.
- 5-6 years experience in B2B marketing management or scaled partner relationship management
- Demonstrated success in working with B2B marketing channels such as Event Marketing, community marketing & direct emails.
- Experience working with apps & games developers
- Passion for analyzing products, customers and market dynamics.
- Ability to work smart and cross-functionally in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Strong project management experience.
- Must be willing to travel and work flexible hours.
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Exceptional budget management and organizational skills
- Track record in developing effective business and competitive positioning and messaging for technical products.
- Knowledge of developer / mobile markets in particular in Middle East, Africa, Russia and Central & - Eastern Europe markets are a plus
- Other EMEA languages are a plus