Our client, a leading global consultancy firm, is looking for am ambitious and proactive Marketing Manager to join their London office on a permanent basis.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for supporting the Head of Marketing in the development and execution of the global marketing strategy for the Defence and Security arm of the business. We’re looking for a candidate who has a solid understanding of the Defence and Security industry so that you can draw on your knowledge and other experts in the field to create viable and well-advised marketing plans, ensuring business growth.
- Support the development and implementation of the marketing and communications strategy which successfully positions our experts as leaders in their respective fields, being recognised as innovators, agenda setters and the partner of choice for new and existing clients;
- Act as ambassador for the company in the Defence and Security market;
- Be a guardian of customer engagement strategy, including events, digital programmes and other key touchpoints;
- Be co-responsible and co-accountable for the delivery of the agreed D&S business unit sales and revenue targets
- Enable our consultants to sell by providing effective marketing assets and tools, actively driving the adoption and utilisation of such tools to increase sales performance
- Increase penetration of the sector-related customer base in all key geographies through effective marketing campaigns, leveraging global or local campaign materials and assets
- Support the sales teams on major new deals throughout the sales cycle with optimal use of marketing assets and resources;
- Develop and drive the adoption of new creative marketing tactics and operational excellence, as demonstrated through external recognition;
- Proactively collaborate and share best practices across the function;
- Ensure the effective use of Online and Social Media channels in all relevant marketing initiatives to support the company-wide business development programme: We All Sell;
- Maximise the return on marketing investments through optimal use of marketing budgets and resources for successful marketing programmes in support of the sector teams’ growth strategies;
- Work with and inspire the wider team of dedicated marketers, as well as virtual teams, such that we become a hallmark for career development and engagement within the firm
· Must have relevant experience in the Defence & Security sector
· Understanding of the full breadth and depth of the marketing mix, including brand.
· Strategic and lateral thinking, with a proven track record of delivery.
· Strong commercial acumen, financial, analytical, and creative skills are critical, with the capability to engage at a very senior level within and outside the company
· Strong leadership and people management skills, both for direct and virtual teams.
· Strong supplier/agency management skills.
· Good budget and programme management skills.
· Understanding of customer insight and customer experience.