Our client, a leading global tech giant based in Reading, is looking to take on an OEM Marketing Exeutive for a 6 month period.
Rate: up to £35,000 per annum
Responsible for the development and implementation of co-partner marketing with UK OEM partner accounts. This role will work directly with a selection of OEM accounts (supporting the Partner Account Manager (PSE)) to drive marketing activity with the aim of providing a return on investment and helping to grow the OEM’s market share. You will act as a consultant to the OEM, advising them on their marketing plans and ensuring that they execute according to the guidelines and within timescales. This role will also have to understand the detail of the marketing programmes that the partners are involved with and ensure that the partners understand those programmes and what is expected of them to qualify. This role requires a good attention to detail as there are specific processes that need to be followed in OEM to ensure that we meet strict compliance guidelines. This role will also be responsible for communicating the benefits of our products and solutions to our OEM partners and will need to think of creative ways of doing this. This role will manage budgets, marketing plans and the execution of those plans to drive attach of Office 2016, adoption of Windows 10 and growth of our Server business through n premise and Hybrid solution. They need to be able to build good relationships and deliver activities that give a good return on investment. They will be the device evangelists for the accounts they look after.
• Marketing executive works closely with the Partner Account Manager to understand the priorities for the OEM accounts for which they are responsible
• Develop joint marketing plans with OEM partners and ensure the Partner executes these plans in the agreed timescales
• Communicate and inform our partners on products, marketing efforts, engagement opportunities, events, resources and training, etc. to drive partners to action on key metrics.
• Manage and be accountable for the Local Marketing Budgets and any central funding Programmes
• Train partners on the Marketing Programmes to ensure compliance
• Ensure that plans are coordinated with the relevant Business Group leads and PSEs to avoid duplication and ensure that the ROI is as effective as possible
• Measure program effectiveness/return on investment data, and correct as necessary to meet business goals.
• Identify trends in partner markets/competitor activity, anticipate long-term programme needs and propose creative programmes or solutions.
• Coordinate and track marketing programs/budget through OEM account managers.
• Create quarterly marketing Business Reviews to show MS / OEM marketing engagements.
• Represent OEM division on relevant virtual teams relevant to this role.
• Feed into the Monthly reporting with relevant examples and data points
• Work with the EMEA Marketing managers and report back on activities
• Identify the key Corp contacts in OEM and facilitate activities and funding requests and share best practice
• Support the Group Marketing Lead in terms of driving a positive culture within the Marketing Team and take on stretch projects as well as improve the profile of the marketing team
Key Success Criteria
• ROI of marketing programs and the ability to execute in fast changing environment
• Execution of Global Marketing Campaigns at a local level
• Device success with the partners and internal devices showcase
• Office revenue performance, mix and attach
• Server revenue performance, mix and attach rates
• Windows revenue performance and Premium Windows Mix, share of PC and tablet markets
• OEM partners level of satisfaction
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
1) Essential Experience
• Ability to work in a high pressure environment whilst delivering against tactics effectively and accurately.
• Ability to take Market Intelligence and use this to identify market opportunities
• Ability to Prioritise activities in line with goals.
• Ability to work cross group in the OEM EMEA
• Ability to take on stretch projects whilst delivering against their core objectives
• Good Knowledge of the overall IT industry and market.
• Providing detailed reporting on ROI of Marketing activities and understanding the difference between incremental sales and run rate and how to achieve the former.
• Evidence of leadership through managing v-teams or projects from conception through to delivery.
2) Technical/Functional Skills
• Experience of working in the channel is essential would be an advantage to be successful in this role.
• Core marketing skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Core presentation skills / confidence
• Ability to develop value propositions for Partners against key products
• Ability to manage budgets / proven numeric ability
• Organized and detailed
3) Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to develop strong relationships at multiple levels
• Ability to manage a very large and fluctuating workload with multiple priorities, deadlines and contacts in a fast paced environment
• Great verbal, telephone and written communication skills
• Very strong team player but with ability to work on own initiative
• Customer focused and Customer satisfaction oriented
• Relevant degree or Institute of Marketing qualification
• Sales/marketing experience (in software industry preferred)
• Relevant marketing experience (in OEM or in the Partner channel)
Special Requirements/Additional Information e.g. Language Skills
• Fluent in both verbal and written English
• Clean driving license
• Ability, within reason, to work outside normal hours as dictated by business requirements i.e. partner and event travel.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs