1. Collaborate with the PD sales and marketing teams to develop and create an innovative event strategy; create the annual marketing events calendar to ensure key target markets are appropriately supported; research and select new, vertical-specific event to support key target markets; coordinate with external event managers to understand event demographics; recommend attendance based on findings.
2. Coordinate logistics for all selected events, including but not limited to materials shipping, vendor coordination, budget planning, travel planning and selection of sales collateral; ensure proper pre-show outreach and post-show follow up occurs; coordinate with other PD team members as necessary to ensure all relevant social media outlets are promoting and engaging with planned events.
3. Define and achieve financial objectives through preparation and management of events-related budgets; schedule and approve expenditures; analyze variances and implement corrective action where necessary; determine expected ROI, gather data, analyze and prepare management reports based on actual results of each event throughout the year.
4. Manage all meeting and event communications, including intake of content creation, ensuring compliance with brand guidelines; collaborate with Content Manager to create/revise promotional items that reflect our strategic branding.
5. Develop, monitor and manage an on-going press relations strategy that ensure that Apollo PD is referenced in the press and trade media in a consistently positive fashion; leverage that strategy to ensure that Apollo PD is viewed as a thought leader in the industry and our executives are positioned for Keynote and other speaking opportunities.
6. Serve as the liaison with all industry analysts to develop and nurture positive relationships; complete research reports and whitepapers, establish processes for ongoing communication and education of industry analysts; facilitate analyst briefings and press interviews during targeted events and secure analyst quotes for press releases; prepare analyst briefing tours, presentations and documents.
7. Monitor, measure trends and report KPIs compared to targets related to brand image, strategic narrative and company promotion in the market, industry and press.
8. Perform other duties as assigned or apparent.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
The Marketing Events and External Relations Manager, Professional Development (PD) oversees marketing events, associated logistics, budget reconciliation and return on investment (ROI) tracking, including but not limited to cost-per-lead (CPL) and marketing-qualified lead volume (MQL). The individual collaborates with the PD team to create the annual event calendar that will support key target markets and undertakes all planning, execution and follow up. The Marketing Events and External Relations Manager develops and nurtures relationships with industry analysts to facilitate positive analyts’ reports, deliver quality information, complete research reports and whitepapers and establish processes for ongoing communication and education of industry analysts.