The Marketing Events Manager is responsible for directing multiple, simultaneous internal and external brand experiences and events on time and within budget. As a key team member, the Marketing Events Manager works with marketing directors and HR partners to develop a companywide event and sponsorship strategy and manage all aspects of internal and external corporate events (conferences, field events, trade shows, networking, etc) while working closely with many cross-functional teams. These events represent a significant integrated marketing and lead generation activity, and a projection of our client’s brand. The Event Manager will draw on diverse skills and direct experience to manage all elements of an event, from conception through planning and execution, creating a memorable experience and ensuring success and customer satisfaction at every level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
External Event & Sponsorship Management.
Work directly with Marketing Directors to develop the event strategy and manage the tactical implementation of professional conferences and trade show (Exhibits and Sponsorships), as well as client-hosted events (Client Meetings/Conferences, User Groups, and Networking Events) as well as related organizational memberships.
Work closely with cross functional internal teams to develop event project strategy and plans, identifying requirements, dependencies and building timelines to manage to deadlines.
Look for connections to other projects and recommend simplification and integration points.
• Estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources accordingly including tracking progress, understanding dependencies, and communicating status to Sr. Director and project stakeholders
• Develop and complete trade show registration paperwork, convention hall paperwork, installation and dismantling plan, labor management plan, shipping and logistics as well as budgeting.
• Ensure alignment of other resources and materials to support events including presentations, printed collateral material, promotional items, registration packets, staff uniforms, etc. Coordinate invitation of any executives, special guests, speakers, or VIPs to the site.
• Drive the process behind all technology and logistic requirements for events including booth space selection, shipping, set-up, tear-down, signage, graphics, giveaways, and equipment set-up.
• Develop company attendee list, booth staffing schedules, and travel arrangements. Develop, train and manage necessary teams and staff to fulfill event responsibilities.
• Achieve attendance and revenue objectives and measure post-event ROI, including a final written analysis of show ROI to determine show quality and future participation 50%
2. Team Member | Internal Event Support
Work in concert with cross-functional departments to support Team Member facing events nationwide, ensuring a consistent and brand-compliant experience for recruitment fairs, on-boarding/transitions, internal executive meetings and team member engagement activities. 30%
3. Corporate Wide Event Calendar
Develop and maintain a corporate wide event calendar which consists of sales meetings, trade shows, corporate special events, quarterly meetings, executive offsite functions, board meetings, brand specific offsite events, enterprise group functions and other event related activities. 20%
If direct report positions are listed below, the following responsibilities will be performed in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct Reports (titles) N/A
Indirect Reports (titles) N/A
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Demonstrated ability in experiential marketing, including event strategy and execution
• Ability to work with conference and event stakeholders, including executives, product and sales teams, and individuals in senior positions with clients and prospects.
• Knowledge of exhibit industry rules and requirements, including various union policies, show regulations and related services;
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment and successfully meet multiple deadlines.
• Great interpersonal skills, team player and demonstrated, strong communications skills.
• Ability to track and monitor projects, including budget and deadline.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications.
• Knowledge of marketing and public relations practices and principles.
• Experience supporting integrated marketing campaigns.
• Ability to work autonomously, proactive and self-directed
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment that requires quick turnaround and quality output
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
• 5-7 years actively managing B2B brand experiences and events (trade shows, networking, etc…)
• Demonstrated experience managing complex, high-profile events involving senior management
• Healthcare industry experience a plus, but not required
• Bachelor’s in Marketing/related field or equivalent experience/certification in event strategy and management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
• Ability to travel 25%
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Office Work Environment
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs